Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Sling/wrap after c section

(4 Posts)
Moonwatching Sat 01-Apr-17 13:17:17

Hello,

Have any of you tried carrying a newborn after a c section? Can you recommend a particular type (or tell me what to avoid) and any tips?

My preferred type is my rebozo which I turn into a ring sling with rings (but haven't stitched so can still use as a plain length of fabric). It's particularly good in summer (when I'm due). But I also have a mei tai with wide straps so very supportive. And also a moby stretchy wrap - comfortable but a lot of fabric in the summer and I personally found it difficult to combine with breastfeeding. However I've never had a c section before and may need to this time. Wondering if carrying is possible or if I need to use a pushchair and for how long.

Thanks.

CarrieWatermelon Sat 01-Apr-17 13:18:51

I managed a Moby wrap sling fine after a c-section. But didn't use it until about 3 weeks post-op.

FruitBadger Sat 01-Apr-17 13:21:03

I used a stretchy wrap about 3 weeks after a section too, was fine. I was lent a Baby Bjorn, which I couldn't manage because I found the weight distribution pulled on my core muscles too much. That pushed me to visit our local sling library and buying the stretchy

Moonwatching Thu 06-Apr-17 11:18:30

Thanks Carrie and Fruit. Better get the moby wrap prepped. It's reassuring - I thought it would be at least 6 weeks til carrying was an option. Still, I guess everyone is different and I'll see how it goes. Hopefully the c section won't be necessary after all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now