Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Connecta or Tula for toddler

(7 Posts)
Mustang27 Wed 22-Mar-17 10:39:48

Hi any toddler wearing parents out there that can help me. My wee one has nearly out grown his baby connecta which I love however I have seen the Tula which seems a bit more expensive but looks more supportive in toddler size and now I can't decide. We don't have any sling libraries near by so I can't try. So was hoping that there are some peeps out there that have experience with both these carriers in toddler size. Any help would be appreciated.

RatOnnaStick Wed 22-Mar-17 10:45:47

I personally did better with the Tula once DS reached about 18 months and being permanently back-carried.. More supportive on the hips and the shoulder straps fitted better. I also had no sling library close by so I used a few different postal hire services to try half a dozen slings and the Tula was the best fit for me.

However, people are different shapes and sizes so what worked for me may not for you and vice versa.

slingsandthings.co.uk/

slumber-roo.co.uk/

both do 2 week hires. Some sling libraries do postal hire too.

www.slingpages.co.uk/postal-sling-hire/

Definitely try before you buy.

Mustang27 Wed 22-Mar-17 10:56:15

Thank you I hadn't realised you could do that. Seems like problem solved. I was hoping to back carry a bit more and with baby no2 in planning I doubt I'd want his wee squishy bum on a bump all the time. I forward carry all the time in the connecta as it suits us both for now but as he gets bigger I was thinking back carrying might be easier.

PolarBearGoingSomewhere Wed 22-Mar-17 11:03:57

I actually found the connecta better when I was pregnant. The lack of padding meant I could get a snug fit around the bump. I wore DD2 in a back carry until I was 32 weeks pregnant (she was 22m then).

Agree though postal hire is the way to go if you're not sure . There is a Connecta Buy Sell and Trade group on Facebook if you wanted second hand, although they do hold their value!

RatOnnaStick Wed 22-Mar-17 11:09:18

I wasn't ever carrying while pregnant but I did just reach a point where DS2's head was above my chin level which made front carrying impractical at best. Also I could take far more weight on my back and it made life far easier while also chasing DS1.

Mustang27 Wed 22-Mar-17 14:49:07

Yeah that could be a point polar with the padding. Why do they have to be so expensive I'd just buy both if I could.

Mustang27 Wed 22-Mar-17 14:50:26

Yeah rat my wee one is tall and skinny and it's starting to get hard to see past his head lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now