Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Carrying older child

(14 Posts)
SomeonesRealName Sun 09-Oct-16 15:19:18

My toddler tula seems to be getting too small but I don't want to stop carrying - is there another type of sling or carrier that will allow us to continue a bit longer?

LillyBugg Sun 09-Oct-16 15:28:14

How old is your child? I thought the toddler Tula could be used until 3/4 ish?

SomeonesRealName Sun 09-Oct-16 15:30:50

Yes it can!

AllTheShoes Sun 09-Oct-16 15:34:59

You need a preschool size - I had a Melkaj mei tai and I know Connectas and Wompats come in preschool too, if you prefer buckles. Worth a look at your local sling library to see what might suit you.

teenmumandsowhat Sun 09-Oct-16 15:39:32

I have reached the same point with my 3.5yr old dd. I am currently saving for a preschool carrier. As I want to carry her for as long as possible, as we both enjoy it, and the carrier can always be used for my ds too.
The brands that I know of that make preschool carriers are; connecta, rose& rebellion, wombat and kinderpack.

SomeonesRealName Sun 09-Oct-16 17:07:13

Thanks I'll have a look at these online. Not sure we can get to a sling library as I work full time and they tend to be during the day - but they might have some advice. I've loved the Tula.

flutterbean Sun 09-Oct-16 18:55:32

Some library's do postal hires if you wanted to try one out before buying and aren't able to get to them during the day.
Might be worth emailing/facebooking a couple to find out?

AllTheShoes Sun 09-Oct-16 19:21:22

I found as they got bigger it changed the type of carrier that worked best for me, so if you can do a postal hire of a sling library then do. I also have (and have been putting off selling, my youngest is now 5!) a preschool Rose & Rebellion and a preschool Melkaj, which I'd be happy to pass on for whatever the going rate is. PM me if you're interested.

abbsismyhero Sun 09-Oct-16 19:26:09

I need help with this too my three year old is a pita I cant use the pushchair anymore I need a carrier that's easy to put him in and out on the go

Spottyladybird Sun 09-Oct-16 19:32:14

You can hire preschool size online from Its A Sling Thing:

www.itsaslingthing.co.uk/collections/pre-schooler

SomeonesRealName Sun 09-Oct-16 20:14:40

Thanks I used itsaslingthing when I was thinking about getting the Tula and it was great - but knowing how well these things hold their value I think I may as well buy one and resell it if it doesn't suit.

teenmumandsowhat Mon 10-Oct-16 00:57:30

You could also look for a custom carrier maker.
I have just ordered a preschool buckles from a custom maker, made from the fabric print of my choice, for half of what it would cost me to buy a wombat brand new. And at 22"x22" it's bigger than most preschool carriers too.

SomeonesRealName Mon 10-Oct-16 14:34:32

Teenmum do you mind if I ask where you ordered it from? Alltheshoes I'll pm you.

teenmumandsowhat Mon 10-Oct-16 15:26:45

I ordered it from ChikkaRoo, you can find them on Facebook.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now