Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Baby carrier recommendations

(7 Posts)
Noahsmummy14 Sat 27-Aug-16 10:08:00

Hi mummies need a bit of advise, I have a 2 1/2 year old and expecting my second in November.
First time around I tried a couple of carriers which were way too complicated and I felt like a sling was never secure enough and never felt confident enough in it to wear it.
However with number 2 I am really going to need my hands free so does anyone know of any good (and easy to use ) carriers ?
Thanks x

lovelilies Sat 08-Oct-16 11:52:30

A stretchy wrap to begin with and I'd recommend going to local sling library to try some others

DontBuyANewMumCashmere Sat 08-Oct-16 12:03:05

I had a stretchy Moby wrap which I used from day 1 until around 6m (alongside a BabyBjorn) when I got a Connecta (integra model I think) carrier. They have two sizes and the baby size still fits my large 22m DD, although she should probably go in the larger size if we need to carry her much longer.

Moby was great for early days, it was so snug and I could bring up the panels to cover her face if it was too bright for her to sleep. I got loads of hands free time to do what I wanted and she got loads of snuggles and was extremely content.
I practised feeding in it too which was great during the long evening cluster feeds.

Babybjorn was great but only front carry, connecta fab for front and back carries.
I tried the Moby back carry but it didn't feel super secure.
Good luck OP

DontBuyANewMumCashmere Sat 08-Oct-16 12:04:19

Oh also tried a ring sling which I didn't get on with. Just used it as a cheap emergency one.
I bought a cheap one, not a nice fancy one. Don't get a cheap one! grin

flutterbean Sun 09-Oct-16 19:01:01

Your best bet will be to find your local sling library (www.slingpagws.co.uk has a list of all library's in the UK) this will enable toy to try out a few different ones. Will give you an idea of what you do and don't like without having to spend money on ones you don't get along with.

If you want something quick and easy then a close caboo might be a good option for you, if you're willing to learn to wrap a stretchy (like a moby) would be great as they're so versatile and can be used much longer than a caboo. Slightly more faff than a caboo though but once you get used to wrapping it's simple and easy to do anywhere.

Good luck smile

flutterbean Sun 09-Oct-16 19:01:47

Sorry it's www.slingpages.co.uk
Excuse my fat thumbs!

Kiki36 Tue 22-Nov-16 15:07:23

I agree. Wraps are great... I've used one for all three of my kids. My favourite is Rose & English

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now