Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Connecta or close caboo

(10 Posts)
Hopelass Fri 22-Jul-16 11:49:04

Expecting dc2 in 3 months and am a sling novice. I've read good things about both the connecta and close caboo and wondering which would be best or even both?

Hopelass Fri 22-Jul-16 12:53:28

Bump!

Hopelass Sat 23-Jul-16 09:28:03

One more bump before I give up! grin

welshweasel Sat 23-Jul-16 09:30:07

I've had both. Personally I think the connecta is awesome but not brilliant for newborns. I'd buy a cheap wrap (£10-15 on Amazon) for the first couple of months then if you have a baby who likes slings then get a connecta when they are a bit older.

Hopelass Sat 23-Jul-16 09:35:40

Thank you weasel that's an idea. I did have a look at the stretchy wraps on Amazon and wondered if they'd be as good as the close caboo but they seem to have good reviews. Good point about baby liking the sling too. DS didn't get on with one but I'm hoping this one will to give me some hands free time!

Starman16 Sat 23-Jul-16 09:40:01

I had the caboo from newborn and changed to connecta around 5 months i think as DS got too heavy for me to carry comfortably in the caboo (he was a big baby though!) and also he didn't like being so enclosed anymore. They are both great slings but agree with PP poster that connecta is not really a newborn sling - caboo is much cosier. Do you have a sling library near you? Have a google as they're great to go and try them out or even loan one to see if your baby likes it.

UmbongoUnchained Sat 23-Jul-16 09:42:46

I used a cheap 15 pound palm and pond mei tai from Amazon until daughter was 15 months, but then she is very small. I wore her on my back at 10 months with the mei tai but the connecta is much more comfy. Daughter is 2 now and I still wear her in my connecta.

Hopelass Sat 23-Jul-16 09:43:20

I do have a sling library nearby so I think I'll do as weasel suggested and get a cheaper version of the caboo first then go along to the library once baby is born to try out the connecta etc. They aren't cheap are they!

Starman16 Sat 23-Jul-16 09:49:48

I have to say I think the cheaper stretchy wraps are fine - I was lucky enough to get given a secondhand caboo by a friend but I probably wouldn't have paid out for it brand new.

Although pricey the connectas go for loads secondhand so you can almost make your money back when your done with it - I looked on eBay but ended up buying a new one as was only going to be £10-20 cheaper secondhand

Hopelass Sat 23-Jul-16 09:51:06

Thanks all. I've ordered a cheaper version of the caboo and all being well will go for the connecta later on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now