This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

K tan Baby Carrier- any good??

(4 Posts)
delilabell Tue 22-Mar-16 20:10:25

Hi,
I posted this over on pregnancy til a lovely mumsneter suggested I post here.
I'm looking at having a sling/baby carrier for dc2 so that I have free hands for ds1, to get on with things, and also so it is snuggled/safe
I'm plus size (normally 20-22 on top)
would people recommend this carrier?
reviews I've seen generally look good but only ones I can see are American..
any advice would be fab.

MissTurnstiles Fri 25-Mar-16 13:50:51

The K'tan is fine but you'd have greater adjustability with a stretchy wrap. They look intimidating at first but once you get the hang of them they are easy. When is your baby due? Avoid Moby for a summer baby as the fabric is thicker than most. Hana wraps contain bamboo and are nice and cool. Victoria Sling Lady are excellent value and well-regarded.

Remember that with any soft stretchy sling (stretchy wrap, baby K'tan, close caboo etc) the fabric will only support your baby for up to six months or so - less for a bigger baby, maybe more for a smaller one. For this reason, I'd always advise not to spend too much on a soft sling.

delilabell Fri 25-Mar-16 14:39:24

Thank you for that. I'm due in may. I will already have a three year old so want something I can quickly put on if I need it.
Will have a look at the others. Thank you!

MissTurnstiles Fri 25-Mar-16 15:11:46

Stretchy wrap ties on and stays on so that you can pop baby in and out smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now