Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

I'm a baby wearing novice, please help

(4 Posts)
Roseberrry Thu 04-Feb-16 13:35:23

I want to get a backpack for my 18mo ds, would be used mainly for walks between 20 minutes to a few hours so I need it to be v easy to use and comfortable. I'll mainly be using it on my own while walking the dog.

I have no idea where to start! My budget would probably be £100.

joyalf Fri 12-Feb-16 13:29:48

I know you said backpack but I find them very bulky & heavy. They also seem to have loads of pockets, well suited to a big hillwalk or something but a bit unnecessary for every day use. We have a toddler tula which I love, easy to use, super comfy for me & DS (almost 2), comes in nice prints & cost me £104!

firsttimemum15 Wed 24-Feb-16 18:04:52

I've just got a Storksak, Charlie rucksak. Love it £79

adagio Sat 26-Mar-16 16:18:51

I have a little life backpack
www.johnlewis.com/littlelife-ranger-back-child-carrier-blue-grey/p939262?sku=232816342&kpid=232816342&s_kenid=2ed027b4-2828-4490-a4d2-14b173b78ab4&s_kwcid=403x702816&tmad=c&tmcampid=73

Which is very comfy and very lightweight - got it when my DD outgrew the front carry Mai tai and baby bjorn carriers I had (she was about 2, but very small for her age), we like the 'structure' of it and my DH will use it too (he never used Mai tai, just the baby bjorn front carrier).

She sits higher in it which is great as she can see out - a softer sling is more of a piggy back but supported so the kid pretty much has a view of your shoulders which we thought would be boring for her on a longer hike where part of the fun is looking at things.

She is now technically too old for it but we still use it from time to time as she is within the size/weight limit and there is a limit to how far a 3 year old will walk (and she is too slow!!).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now