Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

If I hated my Manduca....

(7 Posts)
TiredMummy2015 Fri 27-Nov-15 13:15:43

Will I like an ergo baby sling?

I got the Manduca for baby 1 and found the sling too big and cumbersome. I hated the support but that strapped around the waist as it just seemed too big and uncomfortable for me.

I'm looking for a sling this time around and like the look of the ergo baby..... But is the waist support similar to the Manduca?

TiredMummy2015 Sat 28-Nov-15 12:14:43

Anyone?

Greengagesandham Mon 30-Nov-15 19:16:12

You may prefer a Connecta or a Rose and Rebellion? The Ergo does have a fairly padded waist band, not quite as big and bulky as the Manduca IMO, but not dissimilar. I liked the Ergo, but found the Manduca to fiddly, it was almost too adjustable and the straps were not as floppy (I had an Ergo in organic cotton).

The Connecta has no waist band at all, and the Rose and Rebellion has a waist band but it is much less padded.

Rose and Rebellion

connecta

beckworth Mon 30-Nov-15 19:20:49

I second the suggestion for a connecta. Not bulky at all - I love mine.

Minimonkeysmum Mon 30-Nov-15 19:34:41

We have a sleepy nico - similar to the connecta, but with padded straps and waist. It's less bulky than the ergo or manduca and you can even provide your own fabric and customise it. Is there a sling library near you? If there is you might be able to try a few out before buying one.

icclemunchy Mon 30-Nov-15 19:40:55

Iwasnt a fan of the connecta, quite like a beco Gemini but the straps are a bit long for back carries on my tiny frame. I prefer wrapping now tbh

I second the sling library suggestion, or even a post hire from somewhere like its a sling thing

TiredMummy2015 Mon 30-Nov-15 23:08:58

Thanks for the replies. The connecta looks like the kind of thing I'm after.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now