Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Best baby carrier, newborn +

(13 Posts)
superbabysmummy Mon 27-Jul-15 21:32:04

Looking for carrier recommendations ... I'm due in Nov (end) so a winter baby, I didn't get on well with my carrier with my daughter and ended up ditching it, (bjorn), it just never sat right and my daughter hated it.. I am very outdoorsy (dogs to walk, horses to muck out) and really struggled with just the pram so keen not to let history repeat itself.

Which carriers do you recommend? Baby comfort being paramount

Nyancat Mon 27-Jul-15 21:42:43

I have an ergo and used with a newborn insert when ds was small, December baby. love it, use it to carry him a lot, he loves it and really comfy in it, still use it the odd time to carry Dd when out for a long day, she's 3 and climbs onto my back.

Daffodil1210 Mon 27-Jul-15 21:50:41

Ergo here as well - 360. It's really comfy to wear and my DS seems to like it (well he doesn't scream so I take this as a good sign)! Has some longevity to it as can be worn a number of ways.

cookiefiend Mon 27-Jul-15 21:59:57

Lillebaby complete. Does newborn to about age four. Has a higher back support than the ergo so better support for carrying an older child. It has lumbar support for you. It can forward face (if you are not opposed to it) which is occasionally useful as well as front back and hip carry. Very versatile. I got mine from baba me who were lovely and according to fb have a sale in at the moment which includes a pink lining carrier or 30% off normal priced stock with code QUICK.

I use mine loads and it is great.

Lifeisabeach Tue 28-Jul-15 07:23:09

The Lillebaby complete is fabulous - would definitely recommend. Very comfortable and versatile, loads of different carry options. I've been using it with my 4 month old since he was about 6 weeks old. Before that I used a close caboo, but I think the Lillebaby works well from newborn too - I just hadn't heard of it then!

Highlandbird Tue 28-Jul-15 07:33:38

I used a stretchy sling with both mine for first few months, super comfy and was the only place they would sleep. Mine was a kari me but a close caboo is the same but pre tied so much less of a faff. When older I used a connecta, which is a buckled carrier, you can use that on your back too.

Newquay Tue 28-Jul-15 07:38:18

I've got the classic ergo (I.e where baby faces u) and had it for both Dcs from newborn (with insert). It's divine. If I bought now I would consider thev360 as that looks brill too. Ergo all the way

Fannyfannakerpants Tue 28-Jul-15 07:46:20

I have an ergo and love it now lo is a year but really didn't when she was littler. I think a good stretchy is best for the first few months. Have a look for your local sling library. you can try a few and see which you prefer.

Lifeisabeach Tue 28-Jul-15 09:27:48

If you look at reviews of Lillebaby vs Ergo, the Lillebaby usually comes out on top because of things like the extra lumbar support, and the fact that you don't need a separate newborn insert for it.

4kidsandaunicorn Fri 31-Jul-15 10:55:04

In the winter the Ergo is nice from newborn, DS used to stay asleep on the newborn insert when I took him out of the sling and into the cot.

The Manduca is good, no need for an insert.

For youngest DC I managed to get a second hand stretchy wrap for £15 and used that round the house, out and about I had an Ergo and Tula.

At some point I also had a Connecta, they are great as they are cheaper and can be used from birth without an insert. They also come in a huge range of designs.

badg3r Fri 31-Jul-15 11:07:50

beco soleil with infant insert. straps can cross at the back unlike some ergos and very very comfy. ds nearly 10kg and still use it for hours at a time. We didn't get the biggy out forva month when he was born. disadvantage is can't do outward facing.

badg3r Fri 31-Jul-15 11:08:19

* buggy!

CheeseEMouse Fri 31-Jul-15 11:11:10

I'm using a connecta, which I am enjoying using and baby likes sleeping there (as he is doing now). Also nice and light - not oodles of padding.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now