Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

baby will only nap in sling

(2 Posts)
mummyB123 Sat 18-Jul-15 19:41:46

Hi,
My lovely 9 week old will only nap well in the day in my wrap. While this is fine most of the time and I enjoy the closeness with her , sometimes it would be helpful if she could nap off me! She sleeps at night in the Co sleeper cot and does so well.

Will she learn to nap elsewhere and is there anything I can do to help her gently?

Thanks!!!

jaggythistle Tue 04-Aug-15 13:27:40

Have you tried feeding or cuddling to sleep with a blanket under them, then transferring them over with the warm blanket?

This sometimes works for my 8 week old. smile if its a bit chilly i actually wrap them up like a wee parcel and feed them like that, then they stay all cosy when I put them down.

Also if they are sound asleep in the sling, I can sometimes unwrap them into bed for a nap if I need my hands free! A lot of the time I just let my last baby nap in the sling and he learned to nap in bed fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now