Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Little life

(5 Posts)
Sleepyhoglet Sun 12-Jul-15 21:46:21

We are looking to get something more structured now for dog walks and longer treks. Baby is getting bigger and will soon be a toddler. Thought the little life ones look good but so much variation! Any ideas which best. I prefer the ones with metal structure I think over the ones that fold into a backpack but would the latter be better as can take abroad more easily?

sleepyhead Sun 12-Jul-15 21:51:44

We've got an older model of the Freedom carrier. It's very comfortable and the compartment in the bottom is useful for bits and pieces such as nappies, suncream etc to save you needing another bag.

It's bulky, but could certainly get checked in on a plane and is light to carry. They also do a backpack sized version which says it has an integral frame, but I've not used it.

sleepyhead Sun 12-Jul-15 21:53:08

Btw, ours in 7 years old and in almost perfect condition - I'd be tempted to look on eBay for one once you've chosen your preferred model. They're very hard wearing, plus they're the sort of thing that often get fairly light use so would be a good secondhand buy.

SocksRock Sun 12-Jul-15 21:55:24

I've had two little life carriers and much much much preferred the metal frame one. Carried all my three up to 2.5yrs old in it. The backpack one got sold on pretty quickly as it just didn't have the lumbar support.

Cumberlover76 Sun 12-Jul-15 21:56:29

We had one and found it a pain once DD was walking as you had to carry it no matter what. We got a Manduca that both of us find so much more comfortable than the big structured back pack ones and still use it now and DD is nearly 3.5. Can fold it up and put in rucksack. Best buy evervand wish I had it sooner. If you have a sling library near I'd recommend trying one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now