Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Is the Ergobaby Ventus rubbish?

(4 Posts)
alteredimages Thu 02-Oct-14 08:53:30

I bought the ergobaby ventus from an authorised reseller in March. I liked the idea of the ergobaby original but was worried about DS overheating in the warm climate where I live.

After a series of attempts to use it, now 9mo chunky DS is still disappearing inside the sling, which leaves nasty red marks on his face and neck.

I am sure this can't be right but as far as i can tell I am using it correctly. Waist strap round my hips, shoulder strap fastens fine between my shoulder blades, all very comfortable. I do sometimes feel that the waist strap loosens itself a bit, but can't find a solution.

Any ideas what I can do? It cost a small fortune and DH wants to burn it. Help!

SweetTeaVodka Thu 23-Oct-14 07:20:18

I'm not familiar with that Ergo so just had to look it up, looks like it comes up higher than other Ergos. I wonder if using a blanket to boost him up would help, like is shown here: onyababy.com/2012/09/safely-boost-baby-soft-structured-baby-carrier/

WottaMess Thu 23-Oct-14 07:26:24

Not sure if you could roll the waistband? confused there are some very knowledgable baby wearers in the slings and things fsot Facebook pages who would be happy to advise - best if you have pics of him in it though.

I find I have to have 'waist straps' under my boobs pretty much, esp in a back carry to get him high enough.

alteredimages Fri 31-Oct-14 21:29:13

I forgot about this thread. blush Thanks for your replies.

Now DS is 10 months it is a bit better. A lot better in fact. It just has taken a lot longer than advertised to be a good fit!

I wonder if my body just isn't a good fit for this ergo? If I put a blanket under him then his head bashes me in the chin. I am obviously just too short!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now