Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

6 month + sling for naps

(9 Posts)
bumblebee22 Fri 22-Aug-14 13:58:19

I currently use a nct close caboo with my 4.5 month old ds - he loves it and has all his daytime naps in it plus I carry him in it when out. However it is getting uncomfortable for me now he is getting bigger - he is 17 lbs - it also doesn't seem to be as supportive for him either. I think we will probably stop using it in the next month or so. Can anyone recommend a sling for us from 5/6 months plus - ideally one he could sleep in for naps? It has to be easy to put on too as I also have a 19 month old who demands as lot of my time! Thanks

Haahoooo Fri 22-Aug-14 14:07:37

I'm in the same position! My 4 month old (20 lbs) is getting heavy for his caboo. He's going into a Manduca soon. They're comfortable and easy to put on, and can go on your back when DC is older. Doesn't do outward facing though. Good luck

Madratlady Fri 22-Aug-14 14:12:09

Outward facing isn't really recommended as it's much less supportive and comfortable for you and baby. And no gopd for naps anyway. Hip or high back carries are much better and less like to hurt your back than the forward facing carriers.

How about something like a connecta, manduca, tula or boba? They are all ones that clip up and nice and easy to use. I have a mei tai for my 8 month old and fond the tie straps more comfortable. He naps happily in it when we are out.

Is there a sling library near you where you can try different ones before you buy anything?

bumblebee22 Sat 23-Aug-14 13:26:29

Thanks for the recommendations. I think a manduca or connecta might be the answer from the photos on google. I must try and get along to a sling library soon - I know we couldn't get through the day without the sling for naps x

Tinnute Mon 01-Dec-14 17:12:05

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

fatterface Mon 01-Dec-14 17:13:18

I use an Rose & Rebellion with baby on my back. Super easy to use.

BertieBotts Mon 01-Dec-14 17:15:28

I agree with a manduca or connecta, though if you want longevity you want to look at carriers sized for toddlers. The Manduca and Connecta are more infant sized. The Boba is good for bigger babies and toddlers though I'm not sure how small it goes. There are more but I'm out of the loop these days - when DS was that age the best thing going was a Patapum but I don't think it is any more.

Skillpants Mon 01-Dec-14 17:30:37

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

katandkits Mon 01-Dec-14 17:33:12

I have a bondolino. Its great for naps as the sleep hood is huge. Its very comfy due to supportive waistband and padding on the shoulder, also very easy to put on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now