Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

baby carrier for 7 month old babies

(5 Posts)
ClaireMarathonFeeder Mon 24-Sep-12 16:46:56

I need some advice, my twins have never been carried in a carrier, (a part from the very early days), but I'd like to get a baby carrier to take them out on walks with dh, or just to sling the "fussy" one (there always IS one) for when I just need to get on with things in the house and one of them wants to be close to me.

My question is, what is easy to use for a first timer with 7 month old babies? Something they are most likely to like and not refuse? (crystal ball optional grin)

thanks in advance, all help appreciated

Snusmumriken Mon 24-Sep-12 17:15:16

I really love my Ergo carrier. I still use it for DS and he is almost a year old. Could you try some out at a 'sling library'?

If you decide to buy an Ergo, beware of fakes. Ebay is notorious for selling knock offs.

Good luck!

Ergo

ClaireMarathonFeeder Mon 24-Sep-12 19:38:47

Thanks, forgot to add, I'm not in the uk, so I cant go to a sling library unfortunately

Frakiosaurus Mon 24-Sep-12 20:15:44

Where are you? There may be local equivalents.

A soft structured carrier like an ergo is probably easiest to master. I like wraps for their flexibility and ring slings for speed.

ClaireMarathonFeeder Mon 24-Sep-12 21:55:31

Hi Frakiosaurus, I'm in Italy, never heard of sling meets here.

Are there any tricks to recognise a proper ergo??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now