Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Moving on from a calin bleu

(7 Posts)
Unlurked Mon 24-Oct-11 20:39:40

Dd2 is now 16months old (although quite wee, still in 9-12m clothes) and my shoulders/collar bones are pretty knackered. She's been in a Calin Bleu from birth. I don't think the knackered shoulders/collarbones is entirely down to the sling but I'm in lots of pain after using it for even a short time now that I just can't use it anymore. So my question is this: would a woven (non-gauze) wrap be likely to make enough difference to not hurt or should I resign myself to just using a buggy full-time?

Any thoughts greatly appreciated!

shuckleberryfinn Mon 24-Oct-11 20:42:43

I should hope so. I'm guessing the calin bleu would be digging some and not generally all that supportive now. Is there a sling library or a meet near you?

www.naturalmamas.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=106 local sling users

or a sling meet directory www.slingmeet.co.uk/

Maybe this way you can try a few without spending money?

Unlurked Mon 24-Oct-11 20:49:29

Amazingly there is a sling meet near me! Thank you. Hopefully I'll find something there as the thought of wrestling my surprisingly strong DD into a buggy everyday is filling me with dread grin

shuckleberryfinn Mon 24-Oct-11 21:09:53

I'll bet, I went to a meet last week and played with a few structured soft carriers, never fancied them but was super impressed with the ease and comfort.

Good luck. I hope you find something you love.

usingapseudonym Mon 24-Oct-11 22:15:13

ergo is what we went with after a wrap - fantasitc and worth the money!!

fraktious Tue 25-Oct-11 10:45:39

I would say definitely. DS is getting too heavy for our Calin Bleu but fine in both thin Didy wraps and weightless in my linen Nati. As he gets bigger I'm planning on a Storch because they're supposed to be fab for heavy older children.

Unlurked Tue 25-Oct-11 19:52:24

Thanks using and fraktious I'll go and investigate now. Glad everyone thinks I'll find another fling that'll work for my poor shoulders!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now