Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Best newborn sling - with optional b'feeding?

(5 Posts)
Fishpants Mon 17-Oct-11 17:39:36

Looking for a sling for a newborn - will use it probably until approx 3-6 months, then will use pushchair almost exclusively. Would like something that does NOT require a lot of complicated tying or buckles / clips, very comfy for baby, and something that has sort of a cradle hold so I can use it to breastfeed DC when out (this would be a nice optional extra - willing to sacrifice if everything else is perfect!)

fraktious Tue 18-Oct-11 16:49:39

Ring sling? Although BFing a tiny one is difficult.

Stretchy wrap? Bit of a faff to tie at first but then you just pop in pop out.

clarabella18 Wed 19-Oct-11 17:18:31

A stretchy is great but is a lot of fabric, although you can pre-tie at home and just pop baby in and out.
If that doesn't appeal you could try a close baby carrier, it's like a stretchy but has rings to adjust and not as much fabric.
See if there is a slingmeet in your area they will be lovely and very helpful.

Kellamity Wed 19-Oct-11 17:20:26

i used a hotsling I found it really easy to use for a newborn and an older baby.

BertieBotts Wed 19-Oct-11 17:52:47

Stretchy wrap is excellent because you pre tie and take the baby in and out. It looks complicated, but because you tie it before putting baby in it's pretty stress free, and you get the hang of it very quickly. It's easier than tying shoelaces - if you can manage that you'll be fine!

You can usually use stretchy wraps for about 6-9 months until they get too heavy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now