Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Can anyone recommend a sling for back carrying that won't make me look like I have two stomachs?!

(8 Posts)
LetTheSlaughterBeGincognito Sun 09-Oct-11 20:22:14

blush

I have a heavy nearly one year old (91st centile) who likes being carried. I am gritting my teeth and carrying him on my front in the Ergo, despite a lot of lower back pain and two numb stripes down the back of my legs because I am too embarrassed to carry him on my back.

The problem is my generous tum - the Ergo cuts it in two and gives me a flattering 'double stomach' look.

Is there anything I could use instead?

Loopymumsy Sun 09-Oct-11 20:37:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

perfectstorm Wed 12-Oct-11 15:56:10

I have this as well. I tend to wear baggy sweaters and sort of pull them out above so it looks like the sweater and not me. But I think it's just how it is. Sorry. blush

Hungrydragon Wed 12-Oct-11 15:59:17

Rucksack tie prevents most Nork/stomach displacement issues.

CMOTdibbler Wed 12-Oct-11 16:02:22

Tibetan tie is best for avoiding nork issues, and I tied my MT under my tum. Or with a podegai you have no waist strap at all and can just tibetan

LetTheSlaughterBeGincognito Thu 13-Oct-11 08:40:26

Nork/stomach displacement issues grin

It's like backpacking all over again. Dh looks dashing, I look like I ate all the pies. In fairness, that's true. grin

Going to have a look at these links, thanks all. Where I am (deepest Essex) there really isn't much slinging going on so I've been a bit nervous about branching out.

LetTheSlaughterBeGincognito Thu 13-Oct-11 08:43:32

Oh yes, any particular woven wrap brand recommended to avoid aforementioned displacement issues? <shallow>

Hungrydragon Thu 13-Oct-11 19:26:52

As its the winter you could always get a baby wearing coat as winters coming, problem solved grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now