Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

thinking changing slings (again!!!)

(8 Posts)
flootshoot Fri 30-Sep-11 13:59:36

DD is a very petite 6 month old. I have so far used a wrap (liked, but can't be faffed with the process involved), a connecta (loved when she was tiny, found it cut into my neck slightly when she got heavier), and an Action Baby Carrier - like the connecta but with a padded waist, straps cut ever so slightly differently so I don't have the neck issue.

However I'm getting itchy feet and I would like something else for back carries - I'm very petite myself and need something like the ergo, but not the ergo itself I tried one, and whilst DD felt weightless in it, the straps were a bit long and pouffy on me and I felt a bit swamped by the width of it.

Any recommendations? I thought about the beco but it's expensive.

Loopymumsy Sun 02-Oct-11 20:45:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

pootlebug Tue 11-Oct-11 12:16:32

I really like the Boba. They've just brought out the 3G version, meaning you can pick up the (still very good) 2G more cheaply at some retailers just now. It's also one of the few buckle carriers that work well with more petite people.

PaschaTheSlasher Tue 11-Oct-11 12:19:01

The beco butterfly doesnt have a very wide back, but it is expensive, yes. Have a look on slumber-roo.co.uk/ for other options. You can hire some for 2 weeks to try.

clarabella18 Tue 11-Oct-11 17:18:01

Rose and rebellion ssc are said to be very comfy and pretty and adjust really small fir those with tiny waists.

pootlebug Tue 11-Oct-11 18:25:28

Rose and Rebellion waists might adjust tiny but I find their shoulder straps too long. I'm 5'5 and short waisted.

MadderHat Wed 12-Oct-11 21:15:34

I'm not entirely certain, but your post reads to me as if you haven't tried a back carry with the Action Baby Carrier... and that's what I use to back carry my nearly three year old. Oh, and I'm not quite 5 foot tall.

If you're not sure how... instead of doing a cross over with the straps, clip them so they go on the same side, like rucksack straps, and then connect them together with the fiddly little strap connector once the child is in, to prevent them slipping off your shoulders. (If you're flat chested, or for a bloke, the crossover is still possible in front.)

RitaMorgan Wed 12-Oct-11 21:17:15

I have a Beco Butterfly and highly recommend it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now