Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Best sling for a premmie?

(6 Posts)
Poppet45 Thu 22-Sep-11 13:05:31

So DD surprised us all by arriving at 27+3 five weeks ago. I was keen to get a sling even before she arrived this early, and while it'll be a good few weeks before she's able to leave hospital I already know that having had to wait 11 days for a first cuddle I don't want to put her down ever again :D so am keen to find a suitable sling. I need something that is truly hands free so I can chase after 2yr old DS, ideally something I can breastfeed in and do skin to skin and also something that is particularly safe wrt breathing/ positioning. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm thinking a stretchy wrap sling might be good, and have heard that Hugabubs are recommended for premmies. Any other ideas?

Loopymumsy Thu 22-Sep-11 14:24:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Jojay Thu 22-Sep-11 14:26:08

My twin daughter was 5 lb 7 oz at birth, so quite little, and she loved the Moby.

TheRealMBJ Thu 22-Sep-11 16:00:22

<waves at Poppet>

Hi! I have been thinking of you. I have a Moby that I used with DS and it was brilliant. Keeps them close and upright against your chest and I found it invaluable for using round the house for skin to skin as it did quite a good job if covering my top half as well as keeping DS right up against my skin.

Hope everything is going well.

Please come and pop in to the bf & preg thread and update us.

pootlebug Sat 24-Sep-11 17:46:48

I agree a stretchy wrap would be the best bet.

I would avoid breastfeeding in any sling with a tiny preemie though, because of potential risks of choking. I would keep her in an upright position instead. It's worth familiarising yourself with the TICKS guidelines with regard to positioning http://www.babyslingsafe.com/

DedalusDigglesPocketWatch Sat 24-Sep-11 17:58:36

I got a Kari me which I loved.

DS was far from prem though despite his best efforts!

I loved the closeness of it and although I never actually fed in it, I liked the fact that you could.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now