Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

OBaby Carrier/ Sling exclusive to Mothercare. Anyone have any experience of this product?

(8 Posts)
LDNmummy Tue 13-Sep-11 13:54:01

Need to buy a carrier ASAP as baby is due in three weeks and like the sound of this one.

It is only available online so would have to order ASAP but can't find any reviews. Anyone used it before? It looks lovely and snug for winter but not sure if it would be too hot in summer. Plus I am wondering if the straps are comfy and if it is easy to put on and take off.

TIA!

mousymouse Tue 13-Sep-11 13:57:13

I can't find it on their website.
but generally speaking if it is cheap it might be crap.
here you can find usefull information

LDNmummy Tue 13-Sep-11 14:01:55

Thanks mousymouse!

Here is a link which I obviously should have put in earlier blush

OBaby Carrier

mousymouse Tue 13-Sep-11 14:09:01

It looks good in that it has a belt to carry the weight on. but it doesn't look as if you can carry baby on your back (which is much more comfortable balancewise with a bigger baby/toddler)
I have the ergo carrier which is great for me, I still carry my 20m old toddler daily and could do so for hours. even went hiking with it. it costs more, but good deals are to be had on ebay.

LDNmummy Tue 13-Sep-11 14:26:03

Thanks again mousymouse.

The Ergo is actually the one I originally wanted, but became unsure of how worth it it actually was for the full RRP.

Its very competitive to get one on Ebay and I gave up but will try again methinks. Either that or DH is going to have to shell out for a new one grin

mousymouse Tue 13-Sep-11 14:28:08

imo it is money well spent.
I only have a cheapo buggy for outings and use the ergo anywhere really. compare that to big pushchair/travel system...

LDNmummy Tue 13-Sep-11 14:35:16

Good point, I have bought a Bee but I know for the first 6 months I would prefer to carry so looking at it like that, definitely money well spent.

pootlebug Sat 17-Sep-11 12:51:14

I appreciate that a carrier like an ergo is quite a bit more expensive - but it will last until your little one is 2-ish. Unless you have superhuman back strength they won't be in a baby bjorn beyond 6 months.

Some other options - the Manduca (I prefer this to the ergo from newborn, as it has a built-in insert, and you can cross the straps over your back for a front carry rather than wearing like a backwards rucksack, like the ergo), or the Beco Butterfly II - also with integral insert.

They come up 2nd hand on babywearing sites like www.naturalmamas.co.uk too

Beware the cheap Ebay ergo - there are a lot of ergo fakes floating around, and there are some advertised as new at cheap prices on ebay that are definitely fakes. If you're going to spend the money on an ergo, I'd go with a reputable sling seller rather than take the risk.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now