Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Moby wrap vs Kari me?

(6 Posts)
BeeMyBaby Wed 07-Sep-11 09:01:43

Simple question, is there any real difference? They seem to have the same concept and do the same positions? Also, would a second hand of either be useless or fine? I've been looking at new ones and they all seem to be about £40, but then second hand ones can be as little as £15 and after looking at another thread, it seems either way it will only really be suitable for the first 6 months?

Loopymumsy Wed 07-Sep-11 19:27:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BeeMyBaby Wed 07-Sep-11 20:13:04

thanks loopy, exactly what I need to know :D

CosmicMouse Wed 07-Sep-11 20:32:39

Yep, exactly as Loopy said.

It comes down to weight more so than age with slings. I usually recommend stretchy wraps up to a max of 20lbs.

If you want something that's going to last you longer, maybe try one of the cheaper woven wraps brands like Hoppediz or Storchenwiege (aka Storch). More expensive in the short-term (£45-55) but will last you into toddlerhood.

Same principle as stretchy wraps, and what we've used from 3mo with DD.

BeeMyBaby Thu 08-Sep-11 05:00:19

I was thinking of getting a woven wrap after the stretchy wrap, but as I have never used a wrap before, I thought it best to start with the stretchy wrap for the first couple of months... though 20lbs gives a lot more weight than I thought it would, would have lasted my daughter over a year so maybe a better investment than I thought.

pootlebug Fri 09-Sep-11 20:28:43

2nd hand is fine. When your baby starts to get a bit heavy for it then sell it on again and put the funds towards a woven, if you like wraps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now