Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

wrap safety question

(4 Posts)
DontShootTheDog Sat 27-Aug-11 12:32:29

I have a recently aquired Calin Bleu which I love but slight paranoia is ruining my enjoyment of using it. How concerned do I need to be - baby is 8 weeks old, worn in an upright position (front cross wrap type, I think?!) He tends to have his face in my chest, facing me, rarely turned ot the side. So the material sort of goes over his ears and just the top of his head pokes out of the wrap. The material is not over his face but his face is not sticking out of the wrap iyswim. Is this ok or do I need to adjust the position? Not sure how I would tbh, maybe I need to post photos if this isn't clear! Any advice very appreciated

fraktious Sat 27-Aug-11 15:58:16

That sounds very like what DS does when he's tired and wants the world to bugger off. As long as there's enough air circulating and he's no being smothered by your bosom it should be okay!
Could he turn his head if he wanted to? is his chin up off his chest?

DontShootTheDog Sat 27-Aug-11 19:46:14

he could turn his head and occasionally sort of stretches and turns side ways. i check him constantly and breathing sounds normal. his chin is not too tucked into his chest i don't think. s'cuse one-handed typing hence no capitals! thanks for replying. no chance of my bosom smothering anything grin

pootlebug Fri 09-Sep-11 20:46:18

The TICKS guidelines are quite useful for what to look for in sling positioning safety http://www.babyslingsafe.com/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now