Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

I think DD2 hates being in a sling

(13 Posts)
EauRouge Fri 12-Aug-11 13:15:54

She used to love it but now she struggles and arches her back, pushing herself away from me sad Sometimes she is OK but if she's tired she'll struggle and push until I put her down. I've tried her in my ring sling (front and hip carry), mei tai (front and back) and wrap and she hates them all! This is new to me because DD1 hated being put down. Any tips or should I just give up and dust off the buggy? She is almost 6 mo.

nickelbabe Fri 12-Aug-11 13:17:05

have you tried a different style?
maybe go into a shop and try some different ones on?
it might just be because she doesn't feel like she's got enough wirggle room.
smile

EauRouge Fri 12-Aug-11 13:57:54

I could try another I suppose although I'm a bit broke for the next couple of months. Have you got any recommendations? Thanks smile

nickelbabe Fri 12-Aug-11 14:17:15

ah.
no recommendations, i'm afraid (not got to that stage yet!)
one of my FB friends has recommended a Freedom in the past, but it looks like a standard one to me...
I'd still go and try some on, then maybe look on ebay or freecycle for one you like?

i know that loads of others use slings of all types, though, so I'm bumping so you get more views. smile

EauRouge Fri 12-Aug-11 14:31:40

I've got a Freedom sling grin It's ace, very comfy and the fabric is nice and light for hot weather but DD2 is unimpressed sad My friend's got an Ergo, I might ask if I can try it out.

Thanks for your help smile

Loopymumsy Fri 12-Aug-11 21:43:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

EauRouge Sat 13-Aug-11 09:08:13

SSC? Is that soft structured carrier?

Loopymumsy Sat 13-Aug-11 12:13:10

EauRouge Sat 13-Aug-11 12:47:08

Ah, thanks. Damn, they're expensive shock even the second hand ones!

Albrecht Sat 13-Aug-11 12:59:06

Hello EauRouge, was that you on SuperNanny the other night, still bf a 3 year old? grin

Yes Ergos are pricey but last til they are much older. I got a bargain secondhand from someone on here and its really comfy, especially on the back. Am thinking of getting a new one its so good. ds also went through all that pushing away around 6 months - i think it was the start of his manic need to move and explore not necessarily sling hatred.

Do you have a slingmeet you could borrow one from to try it? Usually its just a few quid plus deposit. Beco is similar type.

EauRouge Sat 13-Aug-11 13:13:11

Hi Albrecht! Ha, if I were ever to be on Supernanny it would be un-broadcastable after I'd said my piece to her grin

One of my LLL friends has an Ergo, I'm sure she'll let me have a go on it. I must get around to going to a slingmeet sometime, there's one in Cambridge that I'm on the mailing list for.

I'm glad DD2 isn't the only one, hopefully it's just a phase purely for selfish reasons because I hate buggering about with buggies!

Loopymumsy Sat 13-Aug-11 16:08:16

EauRouge Sat 13-Aug-11 17:13:19

That's fantastic, thanks for the tip! I'll check it out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now