Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

What next after baby bjorn?

(13 Posts)
biba2 Mon 08-Aug-11 13:18:35

can anybody help, I've used a baby bjorn since ds was about a week old, he is now 7 months and it's really starting to hurt my shoulders. I use it for dog walks so about an hour at a time. I've looked at the backpacks like bushbaby but they seem huge and as if I'm going mountainering not doggie walking! I would like him to be on my back but must be able to get him in it by myself. Can anyone suggest a carrier I just don't know where to start, p.s live in France so not easy to go to a shop to look.
Thank you x

WhackadoodleDandy Mon 08-Aug-11 14:39:42

I'd go for a soft carrier like a Mei Tai or a soft buckled carrier. They are comfortable and easy to use, you'll find them considerably more comfortable than your BabyBjorn!

My personal favourite is a Mei Tai, like an Ellaroo Mei Tai or a BabyHawk. If you don't fancy having to tie the straps though I'd go for a buckled carrier, like the Beco Patapum or Ergo.

Alternatively, you could go for a woven wrap, maybe a Didymos. I like the woven wraps but it can be fiddly to learn how to really get the best out of them, particularly if you don't know anyone who has one or have any sling meets to go to.

Katiepoes Tue 09-Aug-11 12:37:58

I've just bought a soft carrier from Rose & rebellion for on my back. My daughter is 14 months and 11kg now so the Babybjorn is done. I've not done a long walk yet but so far I'm happy.

I went with the buckled carrier as I was never able to manage one that needed tying, especially when baby is in one of her wriggly moods.

Loopymumsy Wed 10-Aug-11 21:26:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

KangarooCaught Wed 10-Aug-11 21:30:56

I have a Ergo Baby Carrier, which is very comfortable, ordered online.

Malvapoeding Wed 10-Aug-11 21:31:38

We have both a Littlelife frame carrier and a Babyhawk Oh Snap. We use them both equally but they girls sit more naturally in the Oh Snap. We use the framed carrier when we go places the girls might want to see things better e.g. the animal park, carnival etc.

Gastonladybird Wed 10-Aug-11 21:33:30

Another vote for ergo

QueenOfFeckingEverything Wed 10-Aug-11 21:36:14

Ergos don't come as high up the back as some other buckle carriers - I have a Rose and Rebellion which I absolutely love.

Another point about Ergos is that there is a massive problem with fake ones of dubious quality being sold on Ebay in particular - you should be very careful to only buy from an authorised seller.

RitaMorgan Wed 10-Aug-11 21:38:42

I have a Beco Butterfly - love it, easy to wear on your front or your back and you can put the baby in it first before getting it on your back so I found it much easier than other back carriers where you have to get the baby in and onto your back at the same time iyswim.

jenrendo Wed 10-Aug-11 21:38:50

We have the Littlelife carrier. OK it is also good for hill walking but equally I use it daily to walk the dog. DS is 24lbs and it feels like nothing is on my back.
www.littlelife.co.uk/html/child_carriers/voyager-s2.html He loves it up there and seems very comfy. It has sunshade and waterproof cover, both of which I have used heaps. Easy to get on and off myself. 2 of my friends have bought one on my recommendation and are happy with it smile

RitaMorgan Wed 10-Aug-11 21:53:36

I have a LittleLife carrier too (Ultralight) and although it is fine for DP it is too big/long for me, so might not be a good idea if you are short.

biba2 Thu 11-Aug-11 18:23:43

Thanks everyone, just ordered an Ergo, so fingers crossed it works for us.

Gastonladybird Thu 11-Aug-11 18:24:11

Only just stopped using it with dd who is 3 smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now