Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

catbird baby pikkolo or wilkinet?

(8 Posts)
knittakid Sun 24-Jul-11 20:56:40

I'm swapping my hoppediz and have two offers, one thirdhand pikkolo without the chest belt for back carrying or a second-hand wilkinet, which one would you go for?

reastie Mon 25-Jul-11 12:04:48

<waves to knitta and sends psychic messages that she should come back to the feb thread>

I've got a wilkinet. I have nothing to compare it to so this may be useless but we find it good. That main drawback is it's quite a faff to work out how to put it on/off, but, once you've got the nack it's pretty good and it looks quite carrierish as opposed to sling like so dh will use it without a grumble of looking lady like wink. It also washes really well in the machine and there are videos on you tube for how to use it for different ages (it works until dc is something like 2 years old I think, but don't quote me on it)

(slow)angels1 from feb thread (nn change)

knittakid Mon 25-Jul-11 15:18:26

angels!! thank you, just managed to reply on the other thread and wanted to thank you for posting here too.
How are you doing?
Xxxx

reastie Mon 25-Jul-11 16:36:15

hi knitta we all miss you on feb thread - I read your reply on the parenting thread and I understand what you mean re: posting on there but everyone else especially me moans about things. even if you just come back to give us an update of how you are doing every now and again and don't have time to read the chat will you come back? pretty please? things here pretty good - a million times better than when pg, but still struggling (iykwim)

Loopymumsy Mon 25-Jul-11 21:16:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

knittakid Tue 26-Jul-11 13:13:37

Yeah, saw just that yesterday Loopymumsy! I actually have another offer now of a toddler patapum, so now I'm looking into whether it can be used for a baby. The problem with the catbird is that I'd need to buy the support belt sepparatedly as well as improvise the chest strap...
Reastie, I will, I promise. Thank you for being so kind! xxx

Loopymumsy Tue 26-Jul-11 16:53:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

knittakid Tue 26-Jul-11 22:18:14

he's 4.5 but the average size of a 10 month old, that would make it ok, wouldn't it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now