Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. To find out which products have won Mumsnet Best, go to Reviews. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Ergonomic?

(4 Posts)
9DonkeysAndABoy Wed 20-Jul-11 13:22:37

Hello all,

I would like to buy a sling and an upright carrier for a new born (on the way), but I heard there are some which are more ergonomic than the others: that some put more pressure on baby's spine than others. Can anyone shed any light on this? Or for that matter, are there any opinions on whether a sling or an upright carrier are better for baby's development? I am planning to use a sling at home as I go about my day, and a carrier outside. Or maybe I am being overly enthusiastic, maybe I just need a sling. Any insights?

ishchel Wed 20-Jul-11 15:33:36

Avoid Babybjorn carriers or any other carrier where the baby faces out. These ones are the ones which put pressure on a baby's spine. Google for a site called 'sling guide'. it is a fantastic starting point for many of your questions.

9DonkeysAndABoy Wed 20-Jul-11 21:13:56

Thanks ishchel, that's very helpful.

Loopymumsy Wed 20-Jul-11 22:03:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: