Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

using a sling after emcs

(10 Posts)
poppygolucky Mon 18-Jul-11 16:29:24

DD is just over 3 weeks and I she is refusing to sleep through the day unless it's on me. Really need to use a sling. How long do you need to wait after an emcs and which sling would you recommend that won't put too much pressure on my scar?

EvelynBakerLang Mon 18-Jul-11 16:32:28

I used a mei-tai less than a week after. It was easier than using the pram - midwife agreed. The baby sat much higher than the scar and it was really no problem.

PirateDinosaur Mon 18-Jul-11 16:33:38

I used a wrap within 10 days or so (may have been earlier) with DS.

poppygolucky Mon 18-Jul-11 16:37:48

Thanks for swift replies! SIL has a spare kari me so always intended to use that but with it wrapping round the waist, it hurts too much. Will check out other options.

CosmicMouse Mon 18-Jul-11 16:42:34

You should be able to tie the kari-me higher up your tummy. I'd imagine that would be more comfy than a mei-tai as it's lovely and soft.

Baby needs to be up nice and high and close enough to kiss, so with a 3wo that is pretty high.

Loopymumsy Tue 19-Jul-11 06:42:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

poppygolucky Tue 19-Jul-11 09:51:43

SIL is popping round with kari me tomorrow. Thanks for all the advice. You can always rely on MN folks to help you out smile

squaLLANDBonfire Wed 20-Jul-11 22:37:55

Yay for your SIL! How'd it go?

FWIW, I used a cotton ring sling after emcs with DC1 (height of summer) and a Close Carrier (tied higher than waist) after planned section with DC2 (middle of snowy winter). Actually with no. 2 I also used the ringsling sometimes, and even managed a mei tai, tied higher than waist (baby's legs froggied inside). Hurt my back more than when tied lower but not really a big deal with a newborn.

poppygolucky Thu 21-Jul-11 18:52:37

Worked an absolute treat! She's in the 'huggy' now and fast asleep! This sling is my new best friend.

knittakid Sun 24-Jul-11 20:55:05

nobody told me I couldn't use a sling after emcs so i did as soon as we got home! I just wish i had used it all day long rather than trying to nap in other positions.
Glad it worked!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now