Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Melkaj, joey sling or sugarspicebaby

(13 Posts)
mumnerves Sat 09-Jul-11 21:47:04

i 'need' a new mei tai and want to splash out on one of the above three. Here are my thoughts on each one:
Melkaj: oh so pretty an lovely hood but looks a bit soft so not sure about support
Joey: had so many good reviews but not wow about the patterns available at the moment
Sugarspicebaby: love the versatility and pocket but can't find that many reviews.
Please help me make a choice! smile

Yeni Sat 09-Jul-11 22:07:01

I've heard the melkaj is very comfortable and supportive, but I don't know anything about the other two.

frans Sat 09-Jul-11 22:08:28

I loved my Melkaj, very sturdy and supportive, although a tad big for me personally as I'm petite. Highly recommend them.

Loopymumsy Sun 10-Jul-11 07:40:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mumnerves Sun 10-Jul-11 12:42:56

loopsymumsy that is VERY naughty throwing another two beautiful mei tais into the equation! Now what am I going to do??! sad wink

Loopymumsy Sun 10-Jul-11 13:36:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MoominMymbleandMy Sun 10-Jul-11 13:43:40

Melkaj and Joeyslings are both brands with excellent reputations. I've tried both and loved both. So I'd say they are both well worth trying, and if you find you don't get on with them they aren't hard to sell on.

The reviews I have seen for SugarSpice have been mixed. Some people thought them ok for little babies. Some didn't like them at all. And the brand hasn't built up the reputation the other two have so it would be trickier to sell on.

MoominMymbleandMy Sun 10-Jul-11 13:44:52

Oh, and I should have added, the Melkaj is very supportive.

RGPargy Sun 10-Jul-11 15:15:44

Hello!!

Heard on the grapevine that someone was after a carrier. Loopy has tried out my Bamberoo (here's a close up of the pattern and there is a pic of the actually carrier HERE. In case the pic doesn't show it very well, the colour is chocolate brown. The blues shown in the pics are pretty accurate to real life.

Reluctantly selling as it is sitting in a carrier bag in my wardrobe now unloved as DD has grown out of being carried (she's 3.5). Would rather it get loved than sit and do nothing!! If it interests you, get in touch! grin

mumnerves Sun 10-Jul-11 16:27:42

I love it sad
is it an actual mei tai or does it have buckles? Can I do front carrys with it?
Please can you message me how much you want for it thanks!

RGPargy Sun 10-Jul-11 17:18:30

Message coming your way! wink

mumnerves Sun 10-Jul-11 20:59:37

Moomin thanks for your thoughts on the joey and melkaj!

MoominMuggleandMy Sun 10-Jul-11 22:10:52

No problem. Bamberoos are wonderful too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now