Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

help!! scootababy, beco butterfly or manduca?

(2 Posts)
PeppaPigandGeorge Mon 04-Jul-11 16:16:28

After much research, I have narrowed it down to these 3. i love the beco and think i need an "easy" back carrier. However, i would like a hip carry option which it doesn't have. scootababy seems great for that but only does a hip carry. manduca does all 3 but is harder than the beco for back carries.

help me decide- do i need a hip carry option? i do find it most comfortable when i'm just carrying my baby and 3 yo (without a carrier, just in my arms) but is this relevant to the carrier? and if i have a good hip carry (on the scootababy) would the back carry matter?

baby 6mo weighs 15lbs ish. 3 yo is 30lbs ish.

sorry about the lack of capitals - sleeping child on me means i'm one handed!!

Yeni Thu 07-Jul-11 13:32:58

I have the beco and find it very comfortable. You might find that you don't need the hip carry. I have a few carriers that can be used for a hip carry and I have only ever carried that way a handful of times. It certainly wouldn't be comfortable for long periods. I've never tried the scootababy but there are much more versatile carriers available.

The beco is great if you are not very confident with back carries. The manduca is very highly rated by those who have one, but I haven't tried it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now