Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. To find out which products have won Mumsnet Best, go to Reviews. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

moby sling for a 6lb baby?

(5 Posts)
cara2244 Mon 04-Jul-11 12:58:29

My baby was born at 6lbs and I'm hoping to start carrying her in my moby uv wrap sling soon as I have a toddler too. But all the instructions say 8lb minimum. Does anyone have experience of using one with a small baby?

CornishKK Mon 04-Jul-11 15:36:10

The Moby wrap looks very similar to the Karrimee which I used for my PFB from birth, he was 6lb 13. I don't remember there being anything in the instructions about a minimum weight for the Karrimee, you just need to tie it tight enough!

fairimum Mon 04-Jul-11 15:49:58

I used it when DD was 5lb - just had to be tied tight and follow the safety advice - www.mobywrap.com/t-safety-information.aspx7

kellestar Sat 23-Jul-11 16:25:04

Just make sure you tie it tight, DD was just 6lb's when she first went in it. I did have to adjust a few times. It was great when she was tiny as I could do my coat up and the bottom bit when out and about and we would both be snug as a bug.

pootlebug Sun 24-Jul-11 10:32:10

Should be fine at 6lb. Make sure you follow the TICKS rules for safe positioning: http://www.babyslingsafe.com/

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: