Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

moby sling for a 6lb baby?

(5 Posts)
cara2244 Mon 04-Jul-11 12:58:29

My baby was born at 6lbs and I'm hoping to start carrying her in my moby uv wrap sling soon as I have a toddler too. But all the instructions say 8lb minimum. Does anyone have experience of using one with a small baby?

CornishKK Mon 04-Jul-11 15:36:10

The Moby wrap looks very similar to the Karrimee which I used for my PFB from birth, he was 6lb 13. I don't remember there being anything in the instructions about a minimum weight for the Karrimee, you just need to tie it tight enough!

fairimum Mon 04-Jul-11 15:49:58

I used it when DD was 5lb - just had to be tied tight and follow the safety advice - www.mobywrap.com/t-safety-information.aspx7

kellestar Sat 23-Jul-11 16:25:04

Just make sure you tie it tight, DD was just 6lb's when she first went in it. I did have to adjust a few times. It was great when she was tiny as I could do my coat up and the bottom bit when out and about and we would both be snug as a bug.

pootlebug Sun 24-Jul-11 10:32:10

Should be fine at 6lb. Make sure you follow the TICKS rules for safe positioning: http://www.babyslingsafe.com/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now