Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. To find out which products have won Mumsnet Best, go to Reviews. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

What material to make own sling?

(4 Posts)
FessaEst Wed 29-Jun-11 19:57:48

I loved my moby with DD1 but am worried that this new DC due in a couple of weeks will get way too hot in it.

I saw instructions in "the food of love" for making your own sling, but just wondered if anyone had done this, and what the best material would be for making a summer sling that is still supportive enough for a newborn and can be wrapped like the moby? TIA.

pugh Sat 02-Jul-11 21:11:05

Hi there, I got the material from John Lewis. Just t-shirt material and they should know. Stuff that doesn' t even nned a hem and doesn' t fray. Must admit still cost>£20 though but worked well though DH preferred Baby bjorn.

Just check the measurements. I had two nooks with two different measurements and bought too short a bit- cut it down lengthways and then put it end to end to make up length.

Hope this helps.

Scaredycat3000 Sat 16-Jul-11 21:40:12

You should make a stretchy wrap out of one piece to reduce the risk of a weak spot. As it's for a newborn a thinner jersey/t-shirt material can be used, just use your judgement as to when to move onto the moby.

pootlebug Sun 24-Jul-11 10:37:42

Wrapsody Bali Stretch wraps are thinner yet more supportive than a Moby. Much better for summer, and they last longer since the fabric only stretches widthwise, so more supportive for a bigger baby.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: