Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

What material to make own sling?

(4 Posts)
FessaEst Wed 29-Jun-11 19:57:48

I loved my moby with DD1 but am worried that this new DC due in a couple of weeks will get way too hot in it.

I saw instructions in "the food of love" for making your own sling, but just wondered if anyone had done this, and what the best material would be for making a summer sling that is still supportive enough for a newborn and can be wrapped like the moby? TIA.

pugh Sat 02-Jul-11 21:11:05

Hi there, I got the material from John Lewis. Just t-shirt material and they should know. Stuff that doesn' t even nned a hem and doesn' t fray. Must admit still cost>£20 though but worked well though DH preferred Baby bjorn.

Just check the measurements. I had two nooks with two different measurements and bought too short a bit- cut it down lengthways and then put it end to end to make up length.

Hope this helps.

Scaredycat3000 Sat 16-Jul-11 21:40:12

You should make a stretchy wrap out of one piece to reduce the risk of a weak spot. As it's for a newborn a thinner jersey/t-shirt material can be used, just use your judgement as to when to move onto the moby.

pootlebug Sun 24-Jul-11 10:37:42

Wrapsody Bali Stretch wraps are thinner yet more supportive than a Moby. Much better for summer, and they last longer since the fabric only stretches widthwise, so more supportive for a bigger baby.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now