Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Woven wraparound sling- where am I going wrong??

(2 Posts)
KnockedUpMell Thu 23-Jun-11 18:24:45

I've just started using my wrapsody Bali breeze sling (I think it's similar in material to a calin bleu gauze, but I preferred the design). My baby is 14w and I have him in a front carry. I really love using it, and it is so much more comfortable than the ring sling and the baby Bjorne that I was using! I was truly amazed how I hardly felt his weight when he is carried in the sling.

I just have a couple of minor issues with it and would love some advice! When I initially put him in, he is high up on my chest and quite secure, but as time goes on (maybe about an hour or so), he starts to slip lower down. He is just as secure in the wrap, but the whole central portion sags down. Is this because I haven't tied it tightly enough? Also I would appreciate any advice on tying the when out and about so the material doesn't drag on the floor and get dirty. I find that because I am tryin to tie it quickly to avoid it getting dirty, it gets twisted rather than spread out. (not the reason he slipped low today though, as we tied it at home). And any other general tips on using a woven wraparound would be appreciated!

So far I have been tying the sling with a guestimate of how tight it needs to be, and then slipping him in. Provided he feels secure and is high up, I don't re-adjust. Could this be why he is slipping?

Thanks so much!!

Loopymumsy Sat 25-Jun-11 11:47:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now