Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

13 mo not liking the sling anymore

(7 Posts)
KD0706 Tue 14-Jun-11 22:56:52

I have a connecta integra which I've always loved.
DD has always loved it too but recently she seems annoyed to be in it. I think it's because she's held up close against me and she feels restricted and wants to be more independent.

She's fairly small too so just peeps out of the top of it and I think gets annoyed that her view is restricted. Because of her size I feel it's too soon to carry her on my back, though if she could peep over my shoulder I think she would prefer that.

I had hoped to be carrying her around for a good while yet. And we're off on hols in a fortnight and I was planning on slinging her most of the time while away.

Is it normal for toddlers to get annoyed by the sling? Is it just a phase which will pass or does anybody have any hints to make her happier?

Thanks.

OnlyWantsOne Tue 14-Jun-11 22:59:05

You sure she isn't hot jn the recent weather? DD is very hot

KD0706 Wed 15-Jun-11 14:35:49

No I dont think it's yhat she's hot. She gets cross as soon as I put her in it and pushes against me with both her hands.

I had her in it tiday and she was only happy when I lifted up her bum with one arm and cuddled her with the other, so as though I was just carrying her myself. I tried tightening the straps to see if that lifted her any higher but it didn't seem to help. I might try sticking a folded blanket under her bum as a sort of booster seat, though of course that will make her even more hot...

She was fine once she was feeling sleepy, it was just when she was keen to explore she got annoyed. I think she's keen to walk. Fingers crossed it won't be long as she is starting to get v frustrated

mousymouse Wed 15-Jun-11 14:37:39

can you just try her on your back and see how it feels?
I have an ergo and dd (18m) just want to walk herself atm. but if I put her in different positions (back, front, side) she is quite happy.

mousymouse Wed 15-Jun-11 14:38:27

oh, and she wants to be "carried" like your dd as well. hard work, even though it is lovely to be so close.

CosmicMouse Wed 15-Jun-11 17:55:08

Sounds like she's ready for back carries to me. Or if the Connecta is a little too long, you could try folding up the base so it's shorter?

From memory the Connecta is fairly low in a back carry. You might be able to get a Mei Tai higher so she can see over your shoulder. You'll definitely be able to get her in a high back carry in a woven wrap, as that's what we do.

KD0706 Thu 16-Jun-11 15:24:37

Thanks. I will try rolling down the base of it.

I will try back carry at the weekend when DH is around but I do think it will be too low.

Excuse my ignorance but what is a woven wrap?

If I do need to get another one I will have to sweeten up DH because I 'sold' my purchase of the connecta to him along the lines of it's fabulous and will do us till she's three...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now