Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. To find out which products have won Mumsnet Best, go to Reviews. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Help with a quick sling/carrier for a 1 year old!

(10 Posts)
fairimum Thu 09-Jun-11 22:31:35

Hello - really looking for some advice - After trying various things we have been using a close carrier and then as they got a bit bigger we used out connecta more and more - now I am looking for something quicker to carry my 1 year old (just walking) to the car - is only 1 min walk, but has steps and a hill - so wondering if there is something i can stick him in quick and then get him out quick - the close was fab for this but he is a bit heavy now! Also for the pre-school run, about a 4 min walk! Willing to consider most things, but needs to be quick and easy to carry him when have other bags, also have a 3 year old who needs a hand!
thanks so much smile

wompoopigeon Thu 09-Jun-11 22:40:25

Good age for an ergo I'd say. On the front when you're in a rush , and on your back for longer walks.

RitaMorgan Thu 09-Jun-11 22:46:07

Maybe just a simple ring sling to sit him on your hip? If you already have a connecta then an ergo isn't going to be much different.

fairimum Fri 10-Jun-11 15:01:06

Yeh I was thinking of something like a ring sling I think - Something just to pop him in, just i need to be able to lay him on the connecta on the sofa to be able to get it on my back and he is too big (and hates) going ont he front!

Anything to look out for with a ring sling? are they eay to use? different sizes etc?

chimchar Fri 10-Jun-11 15:05:22

try doing the "superman" fling to get him into a soft structured carrier on your back. for short trips, front is easy too. (my fave is the roseandrebellion carrier)

search on youtube for hints. looks awful, but is very easy with practice, and is super quick to pop your carrier and ds on and off.

chimchar Fri 10-Jun-11 15:08:41

sorry. missed the hates going on the front!!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2l-t5a0XsQ

this lady looks really rough actually,poor boy, lol, but essentially, this is the movement.

CMOTdibbler Fri 10-Jun-11 15:12:54

You can use a meitai on your hip v quickly, and its a bit more support than a ring sling - they tend to just pull through with a larger child

RitaMorgan Fri 10-Jun-11 15:50:37

I got a ring sling off ebay - think the seller was uk slings. I mostly use it just for popping to the shops and taking ds to nursery, but also took it on holiday recently so used it for longer periods.

I tend to have him on my hip but you can use it for a back carry too by scooting it round.

Loopymumsy Fri 10-Jun-11 16:40:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

maygirl Fri 10-Jun-11 21:47:34

I love my Scootababy, really quick to get on and comfy, I do the school run with mine no problem .HTH

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: