Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Hippychick hip seat, any good? Other recommendations?

(5 Posts)
2littlegreenmonkeys Sun 15-May-11 16:01:42

I was thinking of getting a hippychick hip seat to carry DD2 to and from school when I drop off and pick up DD1. I don't fancy getting the pushchair out everytime, but DD2 is diddy and wont walk for long and is too heavy to be carried without some support for me as I have bad joints and back.

I like the idea of the support of the hip seat but don't like the fact that I wouldn't be hands free.

Can anyone let me know how they got on with a hip seat or recommend something that would leave me hands free but can carry DD2 who is 22 months and almost 12kg.

TIA

peggotty Sun 15-May-11 16:04:11

Well I had one of these but it didn't work for me because I have no waist or hips (not literally of course, I'm apple-shaped) so it didn't work for me at all! I found it really uncomfortable because of this. So take into account your body shape if you do get one of these!

2littlegreenmonkeys Sun 15-May-11 16:34:55

Thank you smile

EveryonesJealousOfGingers Sun 15-May-11 16:48:11

Both DH and I love our hippychick - I have childbearing hips but doesn't obviously! I find it easier now DD is a bit older (now 15m) - when she was little she was always turning herself round which threw her off balance - she is much more cooperative now re holding on. I got mine second hand off Ebay.

Derbygirl3 Fri 10-Jun-11 20:35:35

I loved mine but found it best round the house or on days out with family rather than on walks. We used a wilkinet carrier it was great. got ours off a site called ten bags of sugar

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now