Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. To find out which products have won Mumsnet Best, go to Reviews. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Will a mai tai be enough or should I get a wrap?

(2 Posts)
neepsntatties Sun 09-Jan-11 17:15:09

I have a mai tai from ds1 which I used when he was older. I can use it from birth but would I be better off investing in something like a moby wrap too or will the mai tai do the job?

Mij Mon 10-Jan-11 16:32:10

If you're confident with the mei tai from first time round then you're probably best giving it a go. Have a go with a teddy bear or doll, to see what it feels like on your front, and getting it a bit higher than you were used to and see what you think. Or borrow someone else's newborn if they'll let you for a quick try-out!

Personally I don't think you can beat a stretchy wrap (Moby, Kari-Me, whatever) for a newborn, as you have the additional bonus of being able to pre-tie and leave it on when you pop them out without it getting too much in the way. Maybe borrow one if you're not sure? Do you have a sling-meet in your area with helpful folk to help you out?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: