Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

leaning head back when in mei tai

(3 Posts)
muslimah28 Thu 30-Dec-10 12:35:46

hi

i have an ellaroo mei tai.the other day ds (7.5mo) was in it when we were in a shopping centre and he wanted to see everything so he was leaning his head back (he was in a front carry, facing dh who was carrying him). his head was nearly at a full 90 degrees! has anyone else had this? is it safe? do i need to do anything?

frustratingly i got the 'curved top' mei tai without realising when i bought it so there is no head rest.

thanks

Justalittlereindeer Sun 02-Jan-11 20:22:53

I can't see why it wouldnt be safe. He can't fall out. If you're worried about his neck, you could support it with your hand as you would do if he was in arms.

DD often leans back in a back carry, and aside from it pulling on my back a little, I don't have any concerns unless I'm likely to knock her out on a door frame or something!

Scaredycat3000 Mon 03-Jan-11 09:35:59

Mine used to do this all the time, when he was in a back carry, used to scare the hell out of me, he stopped after a bit and never hurt himself. He couldn't have got out so I can't see how he would have hurt himself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now