Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

sling for tall dad

(4 Posts)
RedCardinal Mon 20-Dec-10 16:34:05

i have a baby bjorn original sling and am 5ft 4 and of normal size. my husband id 6ft 4 and quite big and our sling straps do not fit him so he cannot carry our daughter. can anyone recommend a cheapish sling that will fit a large person. i feel like he is missing out as he was looking forward to this part. any suggestions?

ihavenewsockson Mon 20-Dec-10 16:39:15

babaslings are great.
DH is 6ft2 and I'm 5"11 , fits our 2 year old quite easily.

We went to NY when DS1 was 6mths old ad he spent the entire holiday in the sling on his dad.

Good bargains on eBay!

CMOTdibbler Mon 20-Dec-10 16:45:11

DH is 6'3, 50 inch chest, and he used a Babyhawk with xl straps no problem. You can get them second hand on the ukbabywearing group on Yahoo

Besom Mon 20-Dec-10 16:51:12

Good if he can try some before buying. it all depends on which one suits you.

For insstance, neither dh or I got on at all well with the babasling for some reason. We bought a Kari me wrap around one which we both liked but some people find is too much messing around.

I have 6ft 3 male friend who liked the ergo sling which is still nice and strappy and masculine (although think this one is on the expensive side).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now