Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. To find out which products have won Mumsnet Best, go to Reviews. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

MamaJacket?

(3 Posts)
elk4baby Thu 02-Dec-10 18:59:43

Hi,
I'm expecing DC2 at the end of Jan. and looks like our double won't arrive before the LO makes the appearance . Hence, I'll need to do the pushchair+sling for a bit.
Because it will be cold (especially, judging by the weather now! shock), I'll need a babywearing coat. I have a poncho, but I don't think it'll be warm enough for winter time.

I've come across the MamaJacket and it seems to fit the bill. However, it's so expensive, I just can't justify it given our needs.
Does anyone have a used one they'd like to sell? Size Medium.

Thanks!

MoominMymbleandMy Fri 03-Dec-10 02:21:56

You could try looking on the FSOT board of www.naturalmamas.co.uk but they get snapped up very quickly and, as they hold their value well, it still wouldn't be cheap.

tillymama Fri 03-Dec-10 08:59:21

If you're carrying your newbie in the sling (rather than the big one), you should be able to get away with a normal coat for a bit.

DD was 4-6 months over the coldest months last year, and fitted comfortably in a bog standard ladies coat albeit 2 sizes up from my normal size.

If you carry on slinging after that, then yes a proper babywearing coat is a great investment. But it's not a necessity.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: