Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

BF in a Calin wrap?

(4 Posts)
MacMomo Mon 15-Nov-10 21:40:18

How easy is it to BF in a Calin wrap? And is the position it puts the baby in the best one for its hip development? Have read conflicting information.

Many thanks

tillymama Tue 16-Nov-10 14:28:24

Wraps are great for hip position, as you get get their legs nice and wide and their bums, hips and thighs all supported.

As for BF, I think most people find a cradle carry the best. I don't think everyone gets on with BF with the baby still in the carrier, it seems to be a personal thing.

But there are carries that you can tie, and then pop the baby in and out as you please. So that's another option.

togarama Tue 16-Nov-10 18:35:48

DD always refused to go in a cradle-carry so I used to just loosen and lower the normal front-cross carry and then raise and tighten it again when she finished. I remember doing this with a Calin Bleu gauze wrap a few times while walking between house viewings so it must be easier than it sounds...

MacMomo Sun 28-Nov-10 11:36:51

think I will go for the calin, hope I can find one second hand.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now