Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. To find out which products have won Mumsnet Best, go to Reviews. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Easy to use sling for new born?

(12 Posts)
chocolatestar Sun 14-Nov-10 09:19:51

I already own a Mai tai which I used with ds 1 when he was older. Expecting dc 2 and would like an easy to use sling for the early days. I have a really bad back so one with good support. Any suggestions?

Loopymumsy Sun 14-Nov-10 13:14:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

chocolatestar Mon 15-Nov-10 21:16:24

Baby due jan do will be cold!! What stretchy wraps are good and easy to use would you say?

roundthehouses Mon 15-Nov-10 21:19:17

I used a calin blue one, i found it easy enough - took a bit of practice to get really quick at it - but was comfy to wear and supported ds really well.

blueberryboybait Mon 15-Nov-10 21:21:06

I have a KariMe and a Moby is very similar - both easy to use once you have putting it on sorted ( it took 2 tries to get it right for me). If you are looking for something pre-tied then a Close Carrier is good but I found it not as secure as one I tied myslef.

Scarabeetle Mon 15-Nov-10 21:29:19

Close Carrier - it's wonderful - I found it very secure and much more comfortable than the Baby Bjorn I later moved to (when DS faced outward).

The Close Carrier has 2 rings on the back of the shoulder 'straps' - it crosses over your body in front and the baby fits snugly in the cross at the front. There's a separate band to wrap around your body to feel even more safe still. Rave rave rave...

Loopymumsy Tue 16-Nov-10 06:13:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

chocolatestar Tue 16-Nov-10 07:09:24

Brilliant thanks! I am thinking the Moby from looking at posts on here. Is it ok for short people? I am excited about having one from the start this time round.

Ineedsomesleep Tue 16-Nov-10 07:11:43

Choco, I'm short and found the Close good.

bamboobutton Tue 16-Nov-10 07:27:25

im shortish(5'4) with back problems and i find a moby perfect.

have a mei-tai too but moby is much comfier with better support over the shoulders.

legallyblond Tue 16-Nov-10 14:06:38

I LOVE my close carrier... I tried a babasling and a karime but couldn't get on with either - the babasling because DD hated it (she likes to be upright) and the kari me because after a few days and lots of practice, I still couldn't tie it properly (but others seem to find it easy, so it may be just me!).

I have used the close carrier since DD was 10 days and it is a LOFESAVER - the only way I can actually do chores round the house as DD just loves being held. It really is fab.

I also have a bad back - feel v supported.

legallyblond Tue 16-Nov-10 14:07:10

oh dear - lifesaver, obviously!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: