Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Easy to use sling for new born?

(12 Posts)
chocolatestar Sun 14-Nov-10 09:19:51

I already own a Mai tai which I used with ds 1 when he was older. Expecting dc 2 and would like an easy to use sling for the early days. I have a really bad back so one with good support. Any suggestions?

Loopymumsy Sun 14-Nov-10 13:14:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

chocolatestar Mon 15-Nov-10 21:16:24

Baby due jan do will be cold!! What stretchy wraps are good and easy to use would you say?

roundthehouses Mon 15-Nov-10 21:19:17

I used a calin blue one, i found it easy enough - took a bit of practice to get really quick at it - but was comfy to wear and supported ds really well.

blueberryboybait Mon 15-Nov-10 21:21:06

I have a KariMe and a Moby is very similar - both easy to use once you have putting it on sorted ( it took 2 tries to get it right for me). If you are looking for something pre-tied then a Close Carrier is good but I found it not as secure as one I tied myslef.

Scarabeetle Mon 15-Nov-10 21:29:19

Close Carrier - it's wonderful - I found it very secure and much more comfortable than the Baby Bjorn I later moved to (when DS faced outward).

The Close Carrier has 2 rings on the back of the shoulder 'straps' - it crosses over your body in front and the baby fits snugly in the cross at the front. There's a separate band to wrap around your body to feel even more safe still. Rave rave rave...

Loopymumsy Tue 16-Nov-10 06:13:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

chocolatestar Tue 16-Nov-10 07:09:24

Brilliant thanks! I am thinking the Moby from looking at posts on here. Is it ok for short people? I am excited about having one from the start this time round.

Ineedsomesleep Tue 16-Nov-10 07:11:43

Choco, I'm short and found the Close good.

bamboobutton Tue 16-Nov-10 07:27:25

im shortish(5'4) with back problems and i find a moby perfect.

have a mei-tai too but moby is much comfier with better support over the shoulders.

legallyblond Tue 16-Nov-10 14:06:38

I LOVE my close carrier... I tried a babasling and a karime but couldn't get on with either - the babasling because DD hated it (she likes to be upright) and the kari me because after a few days and lots of practice, I still couldn't tie it properly (but others seem to find it easy, so it may be just me!).

I have used the close carrier since DD was 10 days and it is a LOFESAVER - the only way I can actually do chores round the house as DD just loves being held. It really is fab.

I also have a bad back - feel v supported.

legallyblond Tue 16-Nov-10 14:07:10

oh dear - lifesaver, obviously!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now