Talk

Advanced search

Weight loss stopped already?

(11 Posts)
MotherOfLittlePeople Thu 13-Feb-20 08:42:05

I joined slimming world in November I'm currently 1.5 away from 2 stone loss. I started at 15 stone. I took this weeks weigh in as a holiday and due to get weighed again this week. I'm getting a bit obsessive about my home scales. I just can't seem to get over 13 and a half stone. Surly my weight loss can't have slowed down yet?

I'm getting my self annoyed and down about it. I've stuck to plan apart from Saturday night where I had a dominos pizza but was then sick (can't eat like I used to and makes me feel and be ill since joining sw)

OP’s posts: |
EveryThingWillBeWorthIt Thu 13-Feb-20 09:50:25

Try not to stress too much. You're weight looks won't have stopped, you're body might just been getting used to things. Have you gone back to basics? Weighing everything, accurately counting syns etc rather than estimating? I posted on here the other day because my loss seemed to have stopped but upped my speed and that seems to have helped!

MotherOfLittlePeople Thu 13-Feb-20 11:22:23

@EveryThingWillBeWorthIt thank you for the reply. I weigh everything that needs to be weighed. I always count syns. I've been apart from that one night 100% on plan x

Littlewelshridinghood Thu 13-Feb-20 12:53:58

I'd go back to basics, make sure you write out a food diary each week, measure all your healthy A's and B's and syns. Make sure you eat 1/3 speed each meal and have no cheat meals.

MotherOfLittlePeople Thu 13-Feb-20 13:44:20

@Littlewelshridinghood I already write everything down and I still am doing everything I have been doing since I joined. Nothing has changed x

BeigeFoodLover Sat 15-Feb-20 08:48:17

This is why we don’t weigh more than once a week) says the person who’s weighed every day this week and had a few tantrums!!!)

I’d recommend you carry on as you are, see how your clothes feel - are they feeling different? And you never know it takes a few days for things to catch up!

Also - could hormones be a problem? I always gain about a stone when I’m getting ready to come on!

MotherOfLittlePeople Sat 15-Feb-20 09:33:10

@BeigeFoodLover not sure if it can be hormones, periods are a bit hit and miss because I'm on the depo. It's either I have them every month more than once or none for months.

I actually saw the scales change yesterday, not by much but then this morning they were back up 😭. Feeling really annoyed about it and wondering why I'm bothering. I'm not seeing much difference in clothes tbh but I'm known for shrinking everything when I wash them so 🤦🏻‍♀️.

I'm praying for a loss on Monday of about 3-4lbs since it'll then be two weeks from weigh in but I can see that is not happening 😩 x

Groovee Sat 15-Feb-20 16:38:07

Are you samey in things? I find mixing up my healthy extras and meals really helps.

MotherOfLittlePeople Sat 15-Feb-20 18:23:05

I always have the same healthy extras recently. I'll try changing them this coming week and see if that helps

InfiniteSheldon Mon 17-Feb-20 20:32:47

Stick to plan including Sat night and then do that the next week and the next

MotherOfLittlePeople Mon 17-Feb-20 21:37:07

I always do. I had one night off for my partners birthday.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in