Talk

Advanced search

Slimming World Newbie

(5 Posts)
Mummyonline Fri 10-Jan-20 13:50:48

I went to my first session yesterday and would love to hear of any tips that you may have for a newbie - things that worked or didn't work, meals that were good both in terms of Syns and tasty. Any information would be helpful!

OP’s posts: |
Quail15 Sat 11-Jan-20 20:14:20

I'm new as well so no advice but it would be good to hear how others have managed their suns - I'm struggling to keep to mine.

Oggden1 Sat 11-Jan-20 20:19:39

Hello! 1.5 Stone loss in and I can say list writing is key (boring) I plan meals in advance and have fruit in for snacks.
Pears poached in sf cloudy lemonade are delicious BTW and. A proper treat. Plus very low syn. With delicious yoghurt mmmmmmm.
I do mixed bean and veg chill and you can have this on a jacket or with rice (loads of veg in it).
Veggie lesagne salad and sw chips.
Veg pasta - same base as lesagne so easy for. Midweek.
Feta and watermelon salad with mint... So. Tasty and can use HE a for the feta.
Fritatas as snacks.
Baked fish with roast mix veg and couscous or rice salad or jacket.
Lots of soups.
Veg curries or fish curries with rice.... Mmmmmm

So much choice. Only thing I find hard is eating out as I'm veggie, so everything has laods of cheese!

Wallabyone Sat 11-Jan-20 20:30:35

My main bit of advice would be to always stick to the 1/3 of your plate as speed food-green veg or salad. This helped with portion control and teaches you how to eat a more 'normal' amount of food. The greens also help you to feel full. Good luck with it!

selmabear Sun 12-Jan-20 00:52:29

I found putting 1/3 speed on your plate before anything else while dishing up. It ensures 1/3 of your plate is speed. I've recently found skinny bakery they do low syn cakes and donuts. I always have hifi/Alpen bars on hand and use them as my HEB for satisfy any cravings. Always count and write down your syns before you eat. Drink plenty of fluids.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in