Talk

Advanced search

Starting slimming world!

(6 Posts)
ldom90 Sun 24-Nov-19 19:42:33

Hi,
I had a baby boy 15 weeks ago and having a go at slimming world starting tomorrow as I need rid of my baby weight!
Can any one give me any tips? Quick lunch ideas etc. And snack ideas.
I'm not actually going to a class I'm just going to weigh myself every Monday and follow the diet from what I've read online.
Thank you!smile

OP’s posts: |
tabulahrasa Mon 25-Nov-19 02:14:18

How are you going to work your syns if you don’t have access to them?

Also, are you breastfeeding? It’s differeht if you are.

ldom90 Mon 25-Nov-19 07:21:04

@tabulahrasa I was just going to find syn values online as there seems to be a lot of information on there.
And no I'm not breastfeeding.

Kbear Mon 25-Nov-19 07:36:09

I am thinking of joining too but I know I'll struggle to get to the classes due to work hours - I might join online option and follow that. I want to lose 2.5 stone. I swim alot but I also eat the wrong stuff.

Happy to chat and share ideas!

ldom90 Mon 25-Nov-19 08:32:49

@Kbear Hi! I have done it before so think I still have all the books somewhere. I was going to do it online but seems abit much paying over £60.. especially since I'm still on maternity pay!
Will see how I go just using google to find recipes and syn values etc 😊 will probably struggle with measuring out milk tbh, I drink a lot of coffee! I've switched to red milk though so fingers crossed!

ALittleBitConfused1 Tue 14-Jan-20 21:47:39

I lost 3 stone in 2018 by doing it at home. I couldn't afford an extra outgoings and didnt have the confidence to go to group alone as was at my heaviest. I've kept the weight off and decided to loose my final stone and have joined a group this time to see the difference.
But the first time I bought my book off of ebay for £20 more expensive than joining but only paid it once.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in