Talk

Advanced search

Snacking! Help!

(9 Posts)
ElleDriver Thu 05-Sep-19 12:59:45

I can usually stay on plan pretty easily throughout the day at work. But I have this terrible witching hour when I get home from work before my evening meal that I just crave everything! This is when I end up falling down and binging on crisps, biscuits, crackers and cheese. Sometimes I've been known to demolish a full pack of ham blush

Can anyone advise any low syn snacks or tips to overcome this awful habit I've got into? Fruit or salad doesn't really cut it, I always want bread, crackers or other carbs!

Groovee Thu 05-Sep-19 15:05:17

I find a protein snack helps me, so wafer thin meats or sweetened quark works to stop me eating stuff I need to syn.

InfiniteSheldon Thu 05-Sep-19 21:50:45

What ate you having for lunch and what time? I have a mugshot (1 1/2 syns) or a bowl of homemade soup with lentils in at around 4 as i find i just cant last from lunch til dinner. I also save an a choice and put spreadable cheese into celery sticks or mozzarella /tomato and basil or even better 2 cheese strings and an apple

ElleDriver Fri 06-Sep-19 06:36:11

I usually have a salad for lunch. You're right it doesn't see me through until dinner and as soon as I get home I'm craving carbs and any kind of easy-to-reach snack 🤦🏻‍♀️

InfiniteSheldon Fri 06-Sep-19 11:34:28

Add carbsbto your lunch cous cous pasta then youll feel fuller

Perpetuallytiredzzz Sat 07-Sep-19 18:14:39

Hi i am the same and often really hungry at that time. Some type of cheese, meat, veg and fruit pieces and maybe using some syns on a packet of crisps like quavers helps me as I can pick at it and get to eat something slightly carby! Sometimes if I am having cereal bars as my healthy extra I save one for that time of day as well!

MaryPopppins Sat 07-Sep-19 21:08:42

I push all my meals later as that's the same for me otherwise.

So for example I can easily go without breakfast in the morning as I'm so busy getting everyone ready and out the door.

Then when I get to work at 9am I have a coffee and a hifi bar.

Another coffee a bit later sees me through u til 10:30/11.30 when I have a big bowl of fruit and 0% yogurt. Generally have Greek or Skyr something filling.

That means I can go a lot longer before wanting my lunch. Which will be salad with lots of protein or leftover dinner.

So then I'm not desperate for food before dinner. smile

InfiniteSheldon Sun 08-Sep-19 17:48:43

If I don't have any carbs with lunch I make sure that my lunch is half protein that way I don't get hungry.

Springcleanish Sun 08-Sep-19 20:46:04

Perhaps try pasta or rice for lunch as free food. I save my healthy b for the afternoon munchies - piece of toast and fruit or a bread roll with crudités. Gives me that quick carb hit when I crave it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »