Talk

Advanced search

Syns

(6 Posts)
FrankieButNotBenny Tue 13-Aug-19 21:46:46

I am starting slimming world online today.
I just wondered what the guidance is with syns and healthy extras... are you encourage to eat all your syn pts or can you eat less for quicker weight loss?
Feels a silly question as logic tells me eating fewer syns is better, but I seem to remember the guidance being you should consume your allowance....

Also what is the guidance on saving syns for the weekend etc?

Thanks!

OP’s posts: |
Losinglola Tue 13-Aug-19 21:49:51

You're not officially supposed to save syns for another day. Some people do, and still lose weight on the plan. But it's not recommended, so you'd need to try it and see if it works for you.

The guidance is that you have at least 5 syns a day because otherwise you start to feel deprived and are more likely to fall off the plan. But it's up to you if you want to use them all or not. You'll probably find that sometimes you use them all and sometimes you don't.

FrankieButNotBenny Tue 13-Aug-19 21:57:53

Thank you, that is good advice. 5 syns sounds a good plan to avoid feeling deprived. 😀

Losinglola Tue 13-Aug-19 22:09:23

Iceland do ready meals which are syn free. They're not amazing, but they are really good to keep in the freezer for days you really don't feel like cooking. It means you're less likely to order a takeaway or go drastically off-plan.

The frozen steam veg bags (like birds eye, but supermarkets also do their own) are also really good to keep in the freezer. They take about 3 minutes and you have some veg to go with your meal!

I'd also recommend that in your first few weeks you start to build up a collection of easy meals you enjoy. Something like pasta with sauce can be on plan and made quickly, and you can keep the ingredients in your cupboard handy. It's not exciting, but if you're in danger of going off-plan because you can't find anything to eat or don't have the energy to cook it can be really useful. Or jacket potato with tuna/beans.

WeKnowFrogsGoShaLaLaLaLa Wed 14-Aug-19 11:18:33

Get the pinch of nom book and join their Facebook group. Their recipes are trusty fantastic and enjoyed by the whole family.

FrankieButNotBenny Wed 14-Aug-19 20:48:55

Thank you, both, really helpful advice!
Some easy, go to, meals is the key, you are right! I need to plan, plan, plan.
And I will check out the pinch of nom recipes.
Thanks!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in