Talk

Advanced search

Dealing with chocolate cravings

(8 Posts)
northernlass81 Tue 30-Jul-19 20:45:28

Just wondering what people do about chocolate! It is my downfall. I can't decide whether I need to just not have it at all as if I try and have small pieces in moderation I inevitably end up eating the lot! How do you all do it?

OP’s posts: |
BobbyEgg Tue 30-Jul-19 20:48:53

I get the snack size bars that are less than 100 calories and get someone else to hide them and ration them out a couple of times a week! Works for me.

Groovee Tue 30-Jul-19 21:38:39

I use choc shot or options for hot chocolate. Really helps if I feel I need a chocolate fix.

welshmumofboys Tue 30-Jul-19 21:43:39

I find dark chocolate is good because after a couple of squares I can't face anymore. I usually treat myself to a really nice bar, keep it in the fridge and break off a couple of squares when I'm fancying chocolate.

florriepeck Wed 31-Jul-19 08:49:56

A sachet of chocolate Options or Cadbury's Highlights ( 2 syns) is nice stirred through a small tub of Total 0% fat as a topping for fruit: add a drop of vanilla essence and a bit of sweetener if you like.

madamim Wed 31-Jul-19 21:34:26

hi, if your craving chocolate it can sometimes means your deficient in magnesium 70% and above is a lot higher than milk chocolate

WhoKnewBeefStew Wed 31-Jul-19 21:48:03

I always found the low cal hot chocolate did the trick for me

Ofpalestsilver Thu 01-Aug-19 14:56:02

My friend tries to have a syn free day for a bar of chocolate (or a dessert of some type) in the evening. Sometimes she doesn't want it so great, fewer syns! But other times she just loves having the bar of chocolate without feeling that she has to deprive herself!

For me, I have a couple of hi-fi bars. they're obviously not quite the same but it's worked so far!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in