Talk

Advanced search

Support Thread #2 for 2019

(670 Posts)
Groovee Tue 26-Mar-19 12:41:43

https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/slimming_world/3462265-support-thread-1-for-2019

Starting a new thread as the older one is getting close to being full.

Weigh in tonight may bring my diamond award.

bossybloss Mon 28-Oct-19 19:34:05

Well done originlal.It took me about the same to put on all my weight ..so I have the same attitude..slow but steady !

Innish...that’s interesting ...I was wondering how much impact exercise made to weight loss.It does improve my mental health, stops me from eating as it gives me something to do.!

originaldomesticgodess Tue 29-Oct-19 01:48:33

Keep at it bossy! Weigh in later on for me. Let's hope I've lost something this week. I, personally, find that exercise does help weight loss. Just a gentle bike ride or walk into town burns a few extra calories.

FiveNightsAtMummys Tue 29-Oct-19 14:54:40

Gain 1lb which is exactly what I needed to get back in to bottom end of target!! SO pleased and relieved!!

magnarocks Sun 03-Nov-19 17:50:41

http://www.slimmingeats.com/blog/banana-and-chocolate-chip-loaf

Just made this loaf cake. Looks (and smells delish!) like proper cake. Will report back with my findings. It's a winner if it's yummy at 6 syns a slice.

Lubilu28 Tue 05-Nov-19 18:10:56

Anyone else have a really good week but feel like your not gonna have a good loss? I just feel like I’m going to have a massive gain as I ate a crumble that was forced down me on Sunday 🤣 It was absolutely delicious but I haven’t let it ruin the rest of the week. I don’t weigh in till Saturday so I don’t know why I feel so bad lol

Lubilu28 Tue 05-Nov-19 18:11:53

magnarocks I’ve heard good things about that loaf! Let us know if it’s worth it 😋

magnarocks Thu 07-Nov-19 16:38:11

@Lubilu28 it was lovely! Tasted just like proper cake x

strangerthongs Sun 10-Nov-19 08:53:29

Hi ladies, a while since I've been on here.

Well I lost a total of 4 1/2 stone. I have another 1/2 stone to lose but I am now struggling. It will not shift. My motivation appears to have gone and I'm slipping back into my old ways.

So I need help! I need advice on how to get my motivation back. I bought lots of fruit and veg and I'm not even eating them. Made lots of batch soup and they are still in the freezer. I know what to do, but my motivation has zapped. I have some work related issues that I think is the reason I'm not as focused.

Please give me your tips to get the motivation back!

originaldomesticgodess Sun 10-Nov-19 11:01:23

Strangerthongs...First of all a massive well done on what you have achieved so far. You have done incredibly well and are too close to target to scupper it now. Count today as the last day of backsliding and start planning for tomorrow. Plan your meals for the week ahead using the contents of the freezer. You have come so far and will shift this last 7lbs even if is ounce by bloody ounce! I will hold your hand all the way if that's what it takes. Don't slip back into bad ways. Give yourself a huge pat on the back,get motivated and go for it!flowers

strangerthongs Sun 10-Nov-19 15:44:34

oh thank you, you are very kind.

I think I will need to go right back to basics with planning and recording my syns.

originaldomesticgodess Sun 10-Nov-19 16:56:59

Do it! Get it done and reap the rewards! I've only just started my journey and have about 4 stones to go.blush

magnarocks Tue 12-Nov-19 11:59:31

Eyeing up half eaten bit of (M&S crusty) bread and butter. Oh life.

Back to my bowl of syn free minestrone. 🤨

K1ngmarbs Tue 19-Nov-19 16:53:02

Hi ladies can I join you please - starting a group next week and have 4stone to lose to get to a bmi which will allow me to have ivf. Have followed the plan before several years ago. Looking forward to getting back to it

Groovee Tue 19-Nov-19 19:57:17

Hi everyone it's been a while. Have really been struggling but finally below target for the first time since June.

Been really focused the last 2 weeks. Lots of satsumas help. Dh thinks I'm off my head.

Welcome @K1ngmarbs and good luck. You can do it.

@strangerthongs I've only found mine in the last 3 weeks. But I've found looking to where I want to be, spending time meal planning and then shopping round that has really helped. Good luck.

strangerthongs Tue 19-Nov-19 20:37:32

I lost 2lbs last week yay!

But so far this week I've been a pig again sad

Need to get my ass in gear for the rest of this week

originaldomesticgodess Tue 19-Nov-19 22:29:17

Another 2lbs for me too! Slowly, slowly pound by bloody pound it's coming off. Keep at it stranger!

MotherOfLittlePeople Wed 20-Nov-19 17:38:48

Hey ladies. I joined and a half ago. My first weigh in I had lost 3 and a half pound. Today though I'm feeling hunger pains 😩. I'm completely sticking to plan though could this be because before starting this obviously my portions where bigger and of worse foods but also more carbs than I am eating now and sweet treats?

MotherOfLittlePeople Wed 20-Nov-19 17:39:24

A week and a half ago that should say

originaldomesticgodess Wed 20-Nov-19 18:11:07

I must say that I have never felt hungry since starting SW. Are you filling up on fruit and veg? Maybe keep some veg sticks handy to quell the hunger? Try drinking more water? Stick with it!

MotherOfLittlePeople Wed 20-Nov-19 18:25:26

@originaldomesticgodess I drink A LOT of water. I don't really like fruit but apples and grapes so only eat them and I will only eat veg if it's cooked but I am eating a lot of free foods and speed food. I did try a homemade soup pack from Asda today, that may of been the issue as it was just like water

RubySlippers77 Thu 21-Nov-19 23:32:23

@magnarocks just posting to say thank you for the recipe, that looks amazing!! I (re)joined SW last week but am struggling a bit with their app, when I search for recipes with a specific ingredient it seems to throw lots of random things my way.....

MotherOfLittlePeople Fri 22-Nov-19 13:20:34

@RubySlippers77 have you tried their actual web page? I find that easier than the app for recipes x

RubySlippers77 Sat 23-Nov-19 21:20:41

I did thank you @MotherOfLittlePeople but am generally in the supermarket when I'm looking for recipes, the website is much better when I'm at home though! I have a recipe book waiting for me at the library too, ordered it a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully that will help!

MotherOfLittlePeople Mon 25-Nov-19 07:15:10

Weigh in day for me this morning. Not expecting a loss as it's that time of the month. Really hoping for no gain 🤞🏻 .

MotherOfLittlePeople Mon 25-Nov-19 17:26:57

3lbs down today 😆

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »