Talk

Advanced search

Support Thread #2 for 2019

(672 Posts)
Groovee Tue 26-Mar-19 12:41:43

https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/slimming_world/3462265-support-thread-1-for-2019

Starting a new thread as the older one is getting close to being full.

Weigh in tonight may bring my diamond award.

SlimmingWorldNovice Mon 01-Apr-19 11:26:16

I joined online about 3 weeks ago. It’s going great but would be great for an extra bit of support to help keep on plan!

Groovee Mon 01-Apr-19 15:58:28

Welcome everyone.

I'm so tired. Easter holidays start on Friday. Cannot wait. But I still feel constantly hungry.

Floppyspanielears Mon 01-Apr-19 16:41:54

I started last thursday. I have been feeling really hungry and have had 3 migraines this week. Is this normal?
I am breast feeding ( a 2 year old) so not sure if this would make me feel like this.

iklboo Mon 01-Apr-19 17:03:59

Mother's Day. I will say no more.

Bumping up my speed foods to try & mitigate the disaster. Should I still have some syns per day though (just at the lower end) or none this week to balance it out?

Groovee Mon 01-Apr-19 17:59:35

I aim for 5 syns a day after flexi days.

@Floppyspanielears are you having enough healthy extras?

FiveNightsAtMummys Mon 01-Apr-19 18:07:25

Weigh day for me tomorrow. I have no idea how it'll go, off plan friday and massivly went over my syns. Still hoping for a small loss but I guess it is what it is.

Floppyspanielears Mon 01-Apr-19 19:02:39

I have bran flakes with milk and then use the other a choice for milk for tea through out the day.

Groovee Mon 01-Apr-19 20:42:11

When breast feeding you get more healthy extras.

OwlinaTree Mon 01-Apr-19 22:09:57

Yes floppy I had to have about 6 hex when I was breast feeding shock

OwlinaTree Mon 01-Apr-19 22:21:30

five I went off plan Friday too, takeaway and booze, finished off with chocolates! Weigh in tomorrow evening, see how I get on.

Floppyspanielears Mon 01-Apr-19 22:22:15

Oh really thankyou i didnt know that. I wasnt told that when signing up. Makes me feel abit better abit how hungry i have been- ive not felt like that on a diet before.

Groovee Tue 02-Apr-19 06:27:44

Are you online or do you go to group? @Floppyspanielears. If group there should be a booklet. If online it may be worth poking round the site a bit.

Groovee Tue 02-Apr-19 13:13:33

Weigh in tonight. Doubt it will be pretty x

FiveNightsAtMummys Tue 02-Apr-19 16:39:25

2.5lb off. Got my 3 and half stone award. I'm in a new stone bracket too!!

Groovee Tue 02-Apr-19 18:20:33

Well done @FiveNightsAtMummys

Gained 2lb butbin target

OwlinaTree Tue 02-Apr-19 20:43:04

Well done five! I've stayed the same, which I'm alright with!

April241 Thu 04-Apr-19 09:23:57

Hi everyone can I join please smile

I used to be a WW member, got to gold and loved it. The plan changed and no matter how much I try I cannot get back into it. I havent done the plan now for a few years.

Currently want to lose about a stone and a half, having lost a total of 2st 8 since my twins were born (2.5yrs ago!).

Motivation is low but I know I'll feel better when I'm eating better and feel more comfortable. I think I'm going to do SW online only as I went to a meeting before and found it awful, very patronising and the leader basically shamed everyone who hasn't lost or stayed the same, I just wanted to get up and leave! It's really put me off going back to their meetings.

I see theres a new app for online members so I might give that a go as I need to track everything to stay on track.

Going to go back and read the first thread!

Groovee Thu 04-Apr-19 20:22:09

Welcome @April241

I cannot wait for tomorrow. Work has been so hectic. Will be glad for the holidays to start.

Food wise I have been fine.

OwlinaTree Thu 04-Apr-19 22:31:51

Welcome April. I'm an ex WW too, I must say I find the SW diet easier to stick to, and less hassle re points.

Groovee Sat 06-Apr-19 17:30:32

Finally on school holidays. Am exhausted. My fibro has been playing up and it's tough.

Anyway. Pizza topped chicken for dinner with chips and salad. We all know I'm a sucker for a baking mould so doing hot cross bun baked oats for 2.5 syns for my HEB made as bunny rabbits and carrots 😂🤣

iklboo Sat 06-Apr-19 18:44:44

Only 1/2lb this week but it's still a loss. Loving my new group and leader. So much more supportive and welcoming than the last one and no judgement.

iklboo Sat 06-Apr-19 18:45:54

Although this was tea tonight. Philly cheesesteak with garlic & herb potatoes. Big salad just out of shot for self-serving.

Groovee Sat 06-Apr-19 19:37:13

Ooh that Philly cheese steak looks fab.

Every little helps is my saying x

April241 Sat 06-Apr-19 22:36:04

Philly steak looks amazing! I'm nightshift for 3 nights so I've been trying to figure out what to make. Have used all my syns as I had too many HexBs and had to start counting them, getting my head round it though and went to asda after nightshift for lots of supplies. Feeling really motivated

ALemonyPea Sat 06-Apr-19 22:41:12

I'm back losers.

Had 4 weeks off plan after my operation, two of which I was living off jam on toast as was the only thing I could stomach. Trying my hardest to regain control.

No more operations for the foreseeable future, so I should be able to plough back into the weight loss.

Well done to everyone so far on their losses.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »