Talk

Advanced search

Support Thread #2 for 2019

(673 Posts)
Groovee Tue 26-Mar-19 12:41:43

https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/slimming_world/3462265-support-thread-1-for-2019

Starting a new thread as the older one is getting close to being full.

Weigh in tonight may bring my diamond award.

FiveNightsAtMummys Tue 26-Mar-19 16:25:17

Good luck for tonight Groove. I lost 2lb today and got slimmer of the month! 9lb away from target but I have 2 off plan meals, a birthday and a holiday (4days) coming up in next few weeks so I think it'll be a while before I get there.

FiveNightsAtMummys Tue 26-Mar-19 17:58:55

I've just made pinch if nom salmon & broccoli quiche. I didn't have 8 eggs or quark so used 2 eggs, blended cottage cheese and a bit of milk from my hea. It was so so nice! Its something I'd 100% have if I wasn't on slimming world.

Groovee Tue 26-Mar-19 18:23:31

Lost 1.5lb

OwlinaTree Tue 26-Mar-19 20:39:48

Wow! Well done groovee!

Half off for me tonight. Happy enough with that.

OrianaBanana Tue 26-Mar-19 20:50:49

Well done Groovee, amazing!

Studentnursesos12e Tue 26-Mar-19 23:52:08

I’ve had to have a terrible off plan day. However, after eating dark chocolate (bournville orange) (I’m dairy free) I how have allergic symptoms and have had to take allergy meds. I’m already (diagnosed) allergic to milk protein, eggs, bee stings/by products and pineapple, chocolate better not go on that list too. Back on plan fully tomorrow, and strict 10-6 eating window.

Groovee Wed 27-Mar-19 07:11:28

Oh nightmare @Studentnursesos12e x

Studentnursesos12e Wed 27-Mar-19 11:07:09

And today hasn’t been much better but I drew the line at 10am, had a sw meal of jacket pot df cheese and some spread (3). Tea going to be sp. I’ve got the rest of today then nearly 6 days to be on plan so should be fine, decided better to be 80% SP as staying on sw is the main thing. Really need to pull this round to a loss even if it’s half a pound.

Well done on the award @Groovee your an inspiration xx

Groovee Wed 27-Mar-19 12:27:11

You can do it @Studentnursesos12e

I'm off to the hairdressers.

FiveNightsAtMummys Wed 27-Mar-19 14:09:34

Well done groove

MercuryRising Wed 27-Mar-19 22:18:19

Hi. Can I please join you? I joined SW last Thursday after many years dicking about on WW. I have eaten so much better this week and feel healthier. I'm just really hoping for a loss tomorrow.

Groovee Thu 28-Mar-19 07:08:01

Welcome @MercuryRising

Groovee Thu 28-Mar-19 20:21:13

Everyone has been raving about punch of noms garlic chicken... it's practically their beef stroganoff recipe.

iklboo Thu 28-Mar-19 20:22:57

I rejoined last week after 8 years away. Lots to lose but I'm determined to do it again. Hoping for a loss on Saturday!

Groovee Thu 28-Mar-19 21:27:21

Welcome @iklboo

I'm in a quandary. Dd has told me I need to be ready for 1pm on Sunday. But won't tell me if it's lunch, afternoon tea, or if we are even having food, this not being able to plan is stressing me. Not sure what to do.

OwlinaTree Thu 28-Mar-19 22:21:50

Sounds intriguing groovee!

I've got afternoon tea at my DD's nursery tomorrow afternoon then going to a friend's for a take away. So probably a bit off plan for me!

MercuryRising Thu 28-Mar-19 22:22:33

I lost 4 pounds tonight. I'm feeling very relieved and pleased especially after eating chocolate every day. I'm aiming for 3 next week to get to half a stone. Is that realistic?
Groovee could you plan to use no syns between now and then to compensate for any indulgence?

Groovee Fri 29-Mar-19 06:09:17

@MercuryRising the issue is that I don't even know what I can have for breakfast. For me a flexi syn day would work as I aim to maintain but if I gain it's not an issue as I am below target.

iklboo Sat 30-Mar-19 09:58:04

5lb loss!! Whoop, whoop!! So pleased. I know the first week is always the biggest loss but it really spurs me on to get me 1/2 stone next week grin

FiveNightsAtMummys Sat 30-Mar-19 19:26:10

Well done loosers!! I'm similar tomorrow groove, I could do with being on plan as I had a chippie tea and cake yesterday so keeping my syns low to try & help.

Zazu44 Sun 31-Mar-19 08:26:58

Can I come onboard too please. Starting again Tuesday after a few stressful months away. Does everyone stay to group? I just find it so long and tedious

MercuryRising Sun 31-Mar-19 10:17:56

Zazu I joined 2 weeks ago and have been staying to group but I dedinitely agree it is very tedious. I was a member of ww previously and found their meetings more informative. At our group they go round the circle asking every member how much they lost and if they are facing any challenges this week. Is the format the same at every group?

Groovee Sun 31-Mar-19 12:19:24

I stay even though I despise image therapy in name and game.

We spend it trying to go as far off track as we can!

Groovee Mon 01-Apr-19 06:34:50

Eek it was afternoon tea. Fully expecting a gain this week lol.

SlimmingWorldNovice Mon 01-Apr-19 11:26:16

I joined online about 3 weeks ago. It’s going great but would be great for an extra bit of support to help keep on plan!

Groovee Mon 01-Apr-19 15:58:28

Welcome everyone.

I'm so tired. Easter holidays start on Friday. Cannot wait. But I still feel constantly hungry.

Floppyspanielears Mon 01-Apr-19 16:41:54

I started last thursday. I have been feeling really hungry and have had 3 migraines this week. Is this normal?
I am breast feeding ( a 2 year old) so not sure if this would make me feel like this.

iklboo Mon 01-Apr-19 17:03:59

Mother's Day. I will say no more.

Bumping up my speed foods to try & mitigate the disaster. Should I still have some syns per day though (just at the lower end) or none this week to balance it out?

Groovee Mon 01-Apr-19 17:59:35

I aim for 5 syns a day after flexi days.

@Floppyspanielears are you having enough healthy extras?

FiveNightsAtMummys Mon 01-Apr-19 18:07:25

Weigh day for me tomorrow. I have no idea how it'll go, off plan friday and massivly went over my syns. Still hoping for a small loss but I guess it is what it is.

Floppyspanielears Mon 01-Apr-19 19:02:39

I have bran flakes with milk and then use the other a choice for milk for tea through out the day.

Groovee Mon 01-Apr-19 20:42:11

When breast feeding you get more healthy extras.

OwlinaTree Mon 01-Apr-19 22:09:57

Yes floppy I had to have about 6 hex when I was breast feeding shock

OwlinaTree Mon 01-Apr-19 22:21:30

five I went off plan Friday too, takeaway and booze, finished off with chocolates! Weigh in tomorrow evening, see how I get on.

Floppyspanielears Mon 01-Apr-19 22:22:15

Oh really thankyou i didnt know that. I wasnt told that when signing up. Makes me feel abit better abit how hungry i have been- ive not felt like that on a diet before.

Groovee Tue 02-Apr-19 06:27:44

Are you online or do you go to group? @Floppyspanielears. If group there should be a booklet. If online it may be worth poking round the site a bit.

Groovee Tue 02-Apr-19 13:13:33

Weigh in tonight. Doubt it will be pretty x

FiveNightsAtMummys Tue 02-Apr-19 16:39:25

2.5lb off. Got my 3 and half stone award. I'm in a new stone bracket too!!

Groovee Tue 02-Apr-19 18:20:33

Well done @FiveNightsAtMummys

Gained 2lb butbin target

OwlinaTree Tue 02-Apr-19 20:43:04

Well done five! I've stayed the same, which I'm alright with!

April241 Thu 04-Apr-19 09:23:57

Hi everyone can I join please smile

I used to be a WW member, got to gold and loved it. The plan changed and no matter how much I try I cannot get back into it. I havent done the plan now for a few years.

Currently want to lose about a stone and a half, having lost a total of 2st 8 since my twins were born (2.5yrs ago!).

Motivation is low but I know I'll feel better when I'm eating better and feel more comfortable. I think I'm going to do SW online only as I went to a meeting before and found it awful, very patronising and the leader basically shamed everyone who hasn't lost or stayed the same, I just wanted to get up and leave! It's really put me off going back to their meetings.

I see theres a new app for online members so I might give that a go as I need to track everything to stay on track.

Going to go back and read the first thread!

Groovee Thu 04-Apr-19 20:22:09

Welcome @April241

I cannot wait for tomorrow. Work has been so hectic. Will be glad for the holidays to start.

Food wise I have been fine.

OwlinaTree Thu 04-Apr-19 22:31:51

Welcome April. I'm an ex WW too, I must say I find the SW diet easier to stick to, and less hassle re points.

Groovee Sat 06-Apr-19 17:30:32

Finally on school holidays. Am exhausted. My fibro has been playing up and it's tough.

Anyway. Pizza topped chicken for dinner with chips and salad. We all know I'm a sucker for a baking mould so doing hot cross bun baked oats for 2.5 syns for my HEB made as bunny rabbits and carrots 😂🤣

iklboo Sat 06-Apr-19 18:44:44

Only 1/2lb this week but it's still a loss. Loving my new group and leader. So much more supportive and welcoming than the last one and no judgement.

iklboo Sat 06-Apr-19 18:45:54

Although this was tea tonight. Philly cheesesteak with garlic & herb potatoes. Big salad just out of shot for self-serving.

Groovee Sat 06-Apr-19 19:37:13

Ooh that Philly cheese steak looks fab.

Every little helps is my saying x

April241 Sat 06-Apr-19 22:36:04

Philly steak looks amazing! I'm nightshift for 3 nights so I've been trying to figure out what to make. Have used all my syns as I had too many HexBs and had to start counting them, getting my head round it though and went to asda after nightshift for lots of supplies. Feeling really motivated

ALemonyPea Sat 06-Apr-19 22:41:12

I'm back losers.

Had 4 weeks off plan after my operation, two of which I was living off jam on toast as was the only thing I could stomach. Trying my hardest to regain control.

No more operations for the foreseeable future, so I should be able to plough back into the weight loss.

Well done to everyone so far on their losses.

OwlinaTree Sat 06-Apr-19 23:20:58

Welcome back lemony.

So jealous groovee, we have a week to go!

Tried vegan burgers from Iceland tonight. 3.5 syns. They were alright, but I prefer the Morros ones.

OwlinaTree Sat 06-Apr-19 23:22:09

I need a good week this week, as the week after I'm off on holiday! Would love a really good loss on Tuesday so I can relax a bit on holiday.

Groovee Sun 07-Apr-19 08:16:26

Welcome back @ALemonyPea hope everything went well.

You can do it @OwlinaTree

Well done on getting that motivation @April241

Groovee Mon 08-Apr-19 07:34:59

Managed to locate the Tesco high fibre bran which is basically all bran. Made it in to overnight bran, like overnight oats. So yummy.

First day of the school holidays here. Ds going in for revision at school and Dd is working at drama camp as her PVG for her new job hasn't come through. So peace and quiet. Just need to stop myself from snacking. That's my only issue sometimes with holidays.

Hope everyone else is fine.

FiveNightsAtMummys Mon 08-Apr-19 15:08:00

I had a McDonalds yesterday inc sides and dessert, had a donut today (its my birthday), I had tried to reduce my syns leading up to it. What will be will be tomorrow! I'm going a way for weekend too so I'm guessing I'll def have a gain next week!

Groovee Mon 08-Apr-19 16:05:36

@FiveNightsAtMummys sometimes we need those off plan times.

I've just had my MRI scan in for next week at weigh in. As I am off work so could miss the week as a target member or I could go to the Wednesday class. Need to make up my mind.

Groovee Mon 08-Apr-19 16:05:54

@FiveNightsAtMummys happy birthday x

FiveNightsAtMummys Mon 08-Apr-19 17:02:10

Thanks Groove. Can you wait and see how you feel after your scan?

Groovee Mon 08-Apr-19 18:04:43

My scan timing and traffic means I will miss weigh in. But seriously thinking of trying to cut down the weekly weigh ins and try to weigh in less often. I only need to weigh in every 8 weeks x

iklboo Mon 08-Apr-19 18:52:53

Made quesadillas for tea tonight:

BFree multigrain wrap (HEB)
Low fat cheddar (HEA)
Ham
Mushrooms
Peppers
Onions
2 tbsp Doritos salsa (1/2 syn)

Soooo tasty.

Groovee Mon 08-Apr-19 21:18:45

Ooh looks good x

OwlinaTree Mon 08-Apr-19 22:37:46

Does look nice!

Happy birthday five.

Groovee Tue 09-Apr-19 09:58:08

I'm struggling to get myself up today. Just want to stay in bed.

FiveNightsAtMummys Tue 09-Apr-19 11:21:11

Thanks owl. 1/2 lb off!! So pleased. 3 weigh days where I could of had 3 gains. 2 down without a gain & 1 to go!

Groovee Tue 09-Apr-19 18:23:09

Maintain this week. I should have had that cake 😂 I lose when I have cake.

OwlinaTree Tue 09-Apr-19 19:07:27

Some good results here. Weigh in for me in a bit, just got to get the kids sorted. I'm starving!!

ALemonyPea Tue 09-Apr-19 19:29:46

Is anyone else struggling some days with the two A choices? I love cheese, but don't want it with two meals, or a whole lot on one. I don't really drink milk either, so has to be cheese. Had a salad for lunch today with some laughing cow triangles, and can't be bothered to have my other HEA with my tea. Might chop up an apple and have cheddar and apples for a snack.

OwlinaTree Tue 09-Apr-19 20:33:50

1lb off for me, pleased with that.

I don't make a big effort to have two hexa every day tbh. I have yoghurt with breakfast, so I figure I get enough dairy. I drink coffee and tea with milk all day, which I reckon is 1 hexa, and then sometimes I'll have cheese with a meal if it matches, or a cappuccino in a cafe, but I don't always have it.

Groovee Tue 09-Apr-19 20:52:21

@ALemonyPea I don't always have 2 HEA to be honest.

FiveNightsAtMummys Wed 10-Apr-19 07:50:38

I don't always have 2 hea either. I like lattes so I'll often make myself one with around 150ml of skimmed milk.

Lazysundays18 Thu 11-Apr-19 14:14:10

Hi all. I hope you don't mind me joining in. I've rejoined slimming world. I'm in the early stages of pregnancy so not putting too much pressure on myself.

Groovee Thu 11-Apr-19 15:41:04

Welcome @Lazysundays18

OwlinaTree Thu 11-Apr-19 18:42:45

Hi lazy. I lost my baby weight with SW, I'd definitely recommend it!

Groovee Fri 12-Apr-19 13:43:03

Losing my way a bit with the holidays. Ah well! Life is such as it is.

OwlinaTree Fri 12-Apr-19 17:41:08

I've finished today! Chinese tonight!

WillowUfgood Fri 12-Apr-19 17:49:40

Hi all!

Haven't posted for a little while because tbh my weigh ins have been atrocious since christmas. Half a pound to a pound losses, but 2 - 3 pound gains in between! I know some of it was snacking, or eating just for the sake of it. Like, if I went to get something from the kitchen (not food related), I'd grab some fish sticks or ham. Grab an apple or banana from the fruit bowl etc. They'd always be free or speed, but they were unnecessary.

Anyway, I was stuck in this awful rut. Consultant is fab, and she could tell I was struggling and was getting very frustrated with it (me, not her), so she slyly told me about the Fast Forward plan (not sure if anyone here knows it, it's not one they sing and dance about as it's incredibly strict and a last resort kind of thing).

Lost 7lb that week! Tried again for another week (hopeful for about half that again) and had another 2.5 off! 9.5 in a fortnight, never done that before so I was very pleased. It IS common to have a gain going back to EE afterwards, which is what happened, 2.5lb on the week after. Still I was 7lb down so I was happy with that.

This week I decided to give the new SP plan a go (haven't done it since they changed it), so did that for 5 days (cut it a day short as I felt really ill the day before weigh in, needed some comfort food) and only lost 2lb, BUT I get my period next week so that'll hopefully be why I didn't get a bigger loss. Should get the "whoosh effect" next week wink

EE this week - keeping my syns to a max of 10 and drinking like a fish grin

Groovee Fri 12-Apr-19 18:51:39

Good luck @WillowUfgood

Groovee Fri 12-Apr-19 18:51:53

Happy holidays @OwlinaTree

OwlinaTree Fri 12-Apr-19 22:28:43

Thank you! Had Chinese and watched a rubbish in a good way film. Packing for our holiday tomorrow!

iklboo Sat 13-Apr-19 15:43:15

Another 1lb this week. Bloody 1/2 a lb off my 1/2 stone award!! Never mind, I'll get it next week and I'm happy with another loss. Onwards & downwards.

Groovee Sat 13-Apr-19 16:52:15

Well done @iklboo

Making Greek lamb with orzo for dinner from the one for all book.

OwlinaTree Sat 13-Apr-19 22:29:24

Well done ikaboo.

Stayed on plan today, spent the day packing and prepping to go on holiday. Think we are ready! I'm packing hifi bars, but not going to stress about staying on plan. I've got 4.5lb till I get to the top of target, so hopefully I'll be ok!

Groovee Sun 14-Apr-19 10:33:56

Such a good breakfast for a Sunday morning

OwlinaTree Mon 15-Apr-19 09:39:47

Looks lovely groovee.

Holiday going well, not done much yet as only just got here. Breakfast and lunch on track, but had pizza for tea!

Breakfast had scrambled eggs and a pear and orange. Am going to try to stick to plan for breakfasts and lunches, and see how it goes.

We are in Isle of Wight. Anyone got any recommendations for days out? We are off to the zoo today.

FiveNightsAtMummys Mon 15-Apr-19 19:23:04

Well I'm back. I've eaten everything and anything since Friday. Pizzas, McDonalds, fish and chips, ice creams, cakes, bakery bread and pastries, lattes, chocolates, crisps and so much more. Its been amazing. I've enjoyed every seconds so whatever the gain is, totally worth it. Zero gilt felt and back on plan and going hopefully getting target in next few weeks or so.

Groovee Tue 16-Apr-19 11:57:43

Not weighing in today. MRI scan clashed. Feeling stressed. Going to make myself a batch of scrambled eggs for lunch.

edgen2019 Tue 16-Apr-19 17:04:04

Hope all goes well for you Groovee re scan. Fivenights, well that was pushing the boat out!! Hope you achieve target soon.

catontherun Wed 17-Apr-19 08:50:48

Hello all, can I join ?

Did SW in 2016 and lost 5st. Our SW consultant was great but retired and many of us just didn't like the style of the man who took her class over so we drifted away. Over the last 2 years half of that weight loss has crept back on.

I've joined online but thought a virtual support group would be great and here you all are ! You all seem to know what you're doing and I'm sure I'll get back in to it fully if I put my mind to it.

Lost 6lbs in my first week but haven't lost anything yet this week. Must stop giving in to the temptation to weigh myself so often !

FiveNightsAtMummys Wed 17-Apr-19 09:04:59

I got a maintain!!! I'm still in shock!! So lucky!!

Groovee Wed 17-Apr-19 11:05:07

Well done @FiveNightsAtMummys

catontherun Wed 17-Apr-19 12:48:03

I so remember the euphoria of a maintain when I deserved a gain !

iklboo Wed 17-Apr-19 17:58:02

Been under the weather all week with no real appetite. I've been living off loads of berries & SW friendly toasties. I'm expecting a maintain or gain on Saturday sad

Groovee Wed 17-Apr-19 18:19:59

Made the chicken and chickpea curry. It went down well. It's from the latest magazine

WillowUfgood Thu 18-Apr-19 00:02:32

Had my DF over this lunch time while he had some work done at his house (my DP redoing the flooring in his porch as it had rotted). He came round just as my syn free lasagne (cheese HA ofc) was coming out of the oven grin so I had to feed him lol

Groovee Thu 18-Apr-19 10:53:20

Oh typical eh?

I've picked up a mac'n'greens to try. Fingers crossed it's nice. Got salad to have too.

Have baked and plan to give dh and the teens 4 each 😂 that way, I don't need to have any x

Popfan Thu 18-Apr-19 11:35:15

Hello everyone, lots of good food ideas here! I've lost a stone now so very pleased. Have to say I'm eating a lot of similar things - but it's working! Fruit and light babybels are my main snacks. A stone to go stoll but halfway there and down a dress size smile

iklboo Thu 18-Apr-19 11:41:52

We really enjoyed the Mac n greens. It could maybe do with a sprinkle of HEA strong cheddar for more flavour but I'd definitely get it again.

Groovee Thu 18-Apr-19 14:14:46

@iklboo was thinking a good strong cheese sprinkled over would be good.

WillowUfgood Thu 18-Apr-19 14:31:45

Weighed in today. Only half a pound off but hey, it's off grin back to my lowest weight again, and onwards we go!

marmiteloversunite Fri 19-Apr-19 08:14:49

Hi all. Can I join please?

Joined SW last night. I did it a few years ago but I have become a vegetarian since so I hope it is still doable. Got an interim target of a stone but 2/3 stone would be great.
Just finished treatment for breast cancer so the steroids have made me very bloated. Nice to take back control of my life!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »